jps
RRF Consultant

All y'all see this interview?

Post by jps »

rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: All y'all see this interview?

Post by rickenbrother »

Yep. It was all over Facebook yesterday. Even John's wife Sarah posted it there.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Post by Tommy »

Enquiring minds want to know: Who was the very famous female artist on the diving board with Ringo?
Sugarcane

Post by Sugarcane »

Wow, I hadn't read it yet but that'll be my Sunday evening read! Thanks for posting!
ChuckEds

Post by ChuckEds »

Yeah, great interview, I never heard about John getting into a fight with Peter Fonda, lol! Nice shot of the 325-12 too.
Tommy wrote:Enquiring minds want to know: Who was the very famous female artist on the diving board with Ringo?

Numerous accounts of the Beatles in LA during that time have said that Joan Baez was there at some point, whoever it was, way to go Ringo!!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

ChuckEds wrote:Numerous accounts of the Beatles in LA during that time have said that Joan Baez was there at some point, whoever it was, way to go Ringo!!
Yeah, he was always the smart Beatle. :mrgreen:
Sugarcane

Post by Sugarcane »

Just read it! Pretty cool, though obviously and unfortunately abridged.

Anyway great stories, I'd pay to see Peter Fonda and John Lennon fighting (especially because concerning Lennon I've always wondered if he was tough indeed or just cocky and full of s...).
Unicoil

Post by Unicoil »

Marc Maron did a great interview last year with Peter Fonda on his WTF podcast. As I recall, Fonda's version of the story was that he and Hopper had sourced some great LSD for the party, and that Fonda was called in to deal with Lennon, who was "disassociating", I believe he called it, freaking out, thinking he was dying. They needed someone to talk Lennon down. Fonda had earlier related a story from his youth, about 10 years old, where he and a friend were playing with a pistol, and the friend shot Peter in the chest. Fonda was technically dead in the ambulance, but they were able to revive him at the hospital, and he then had a long recovery.

Anyhows, he told Lennon "hey, its okay, I know what it's like to be dead, you are alright, we are all here, it is good." Of course, the rest is history (and one of my favorite Beatles songs).

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”