Rick Wait Time

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

JHoll97

Rick Wait Time

Post by JHoll97 »

Hello! I'm a new face here and soon to be a proud owner of a new 4003. I was wondering if anyone knows what the current wait time for a new bass is? I ordered mine a week ago from Sweetwater and was told it could be about 6 months but they aren't certain.

Thanks!
Tommy
Intermediate Member

Re: Rick Wait Time

Post by Tommy »

Six months? I'd say that sounds like an estimate to be on the safe side. Could be six months, but my bet is it will be shorter.

Ric wait times are like Gibson quality control problems -- overexaggerrated internet talk. Maybe at one time new Rics would take up to a year to reach a buyer, but it seems nowadays Rics get into the hands of buyers with no wait time or just a few months wait. (My MidnightBlue 330 took four months. My 325 was mine the day I ordered it.)
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

At times in years past, the wait has been up to 3-5 years FOR CERTAIN MODELS, simply because it's a small shop, so they spend a few weeks making 360's, then a few weeks making 4003's, etc. So sure, if you place an order for a 381/12V69, you could be waiting a while. That's an oversimplification, but you get the idea. 6 months is probably a good estimate. That's such a standard and popular model I'd think it will be less too. Sweetwater probably buys so many, the one you end up with has perhaps already been ordered by them, right?
JHoll97

Post by JHoll97 »

Update: I guess number in line was a lot smaller than I expected. They got back with me and told me they just got some new basses in stock so I'll be getting the bass in a few days! I ordered the most basic and vanilla of 4003. I'm sure that custom orders take more time like you said, jdogric12.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Boom! There you go. Welcome, and congrats! To us snobs it may be "vanilla" but it's still a very cool unique instrument. Enjoy it!

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”