Rickenbacker 480 on Goodwill Auctions

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Dcbowling

Rickenbacker 480 on Goodwill Auctions

Post by Dcbowling »

I'm amazed at some of the things I see in Goodwill. I recently saw an old Martin and a silverburst Les Paul but this one really tempts me. Just for anyone who's interested.
https://www.shopgoodwill.com/Item/115970827
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: Rickenbacker 480 on Goodwill Auctions

Post by jps »

That's in pretty beat condition, particularly, for the asking price, IMO.
Dcbowling

Post by Dcbowling »

That's what the bid is up to, as of now it's at $1400. With the way it seem every market is skyrocketing right now it wouldn't shock me if it ended near 4K. I watched an Epiphone Sg special go for $310 the other day and it sells consistently for $180 on Musicians Friend. It used to be good for alot of things and it still is for a few ( bought a perfect 1956 Coleman stove for $18) but it seems like everything is going for more than it should anymore.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Yeah, Trogly talks about GW sometimes - I think he's right about things selling for more than they should on there because "word is out" and people think they are somehow getting this great deal just because it's a non-traditional market.
Dcbowling

Post by Dcbowling »

jdogric12 wrote:Yeah, Trogly talks about GW sometimes - I think he's right about things selling for more than they should on there because "word is out" and people think they are somehow getting this great deal just because it's a non-traditional market.
It's a weird one, and I think your right.
I will say their watches seem reasonable right now. There's a Seiko monster for $250 and omega Seamaster Deville holding around $500. Actually there's a few old Omega's and Bulova's. Time will tell where they end.
knavel

Post by knavel »

It took three runs for that 480 finally to be paid for. The last time the price was about where it should have been ~$1800; not the ludicrous $3000 the first time or the $2600 the second time. I can see why the buyers in the first two auctions didn't bother to pay.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

I'm ignorant when it comes to online auction shenanigans. Were the first two runs plagued by shill bids, perhaps?
Dom

Post by Dom »

jdogric12 wrote:I'm ignorant when it comes to online auction shenanigans. Were the first two runs plagued by shill bids, perhaps?
I got my Red 350 because of something like that. First EBay auction was shenanigans...then it’s on the bay again a week later different ad and at a better price but sold by someone else...locally. Called em directly, said I had to have it and worked out a no-auction deal. Poor thing needed me...the A & D strings were swapped. :roll: I asked the guy what was up with the first auction and he said it wasn’t the first seller’s guitar to sell!

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”