Get A Load Of This You Tube Joker

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

drumbob
RRF Consultant

Get A Load Of This You Tube Joker

Post by drumbob »

What an idiot. He does You Tube gear reviews. Listen to what he says about Rickenbackers. Sheer ignorance from start to finish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7zANlhL9jw
sir_andrew_of_left_coast
Veteran RRF member

Re: Get A Load Of This You Tube Joker

Post by sir_andrew_of_left_coast »

I happened to stumble across this video a couple of days ago... although this time, thanks to your link, I managed to watch the whole thing and it confirmed my initial suspicion: the video is indeed bad from start to finish.

Oh well... everybody's gotta be somebody, I guess.
Member #03
Badanovski

Post by Badanovski »

I love Ric basses. The 1st time I picked up a 4001 in 74' to try out an amp, I forgot about the amp & bought the bass. When it comes to the guitars, I had the same reaction as his. I was baffled by the 5th knob & found the necks small & weird. He's not knocking the guitars, he just couldn't relate. A lot of the guitarists I've played with have felt the same way.
drumbob
RRF Consultant

Post by drumbob »

It's his ignorance going into the video that ****** me off. He should have taken the time to familiarize himself with the features of the guitars first.
chronictown
Veteran RRF member

Post by chronictown »

At least he's up front about his ignorance...that's about the only positive thing I can say. If you're going to do online reviews, just do some basic homework first. I'd rather not watch the guy fumble through figuring out the control knobs for the very first time.

This whole thing feels like one of those weird "unboxing" videos my kids seem to like :lol: .
collin

Post by collin »

He starts off mispronouncing the brand name, and it only goes downhill from there.

Not a problem if you don't like Ricks, but any legitimate media outlet would at least be objective and understand the instrument first before inserting their own opinion. Give us specific feedback!

His entire video can be summed up with "IDK, I just don't like it...uh...." what a mouthbreathing maroon.

I have listened to 60 Cycle Hum podcast in the past, but things like this are cringe-worthy.
Korladis

Post by Korladis »

Honestly I can't imagine ordering an instrument without knowing what the controls do. Trying one out in the store, sure, I'm going to figure it out by trial and error, but come on.

It's also right there on the website what the control layout is. It's not like some sort of secret.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”