The Undertakers

History and music of Liverpool
carr

The Undertakers

Post by carr »

For those of you that are about my age, you may recall a liverpool band call The Undertakers ( just want a little bit ) . I met Chris Huston ,undertakers guitarist , last month in Nashville
Attachments
Chris and  John .jpg
carr

Re: The Undertakers

Post by carr »

Chris is the one with the beard
hamilton_square

Post by hamilton_square »

From one ‘Woolyback’ to another – that’s how Liverpudlians would often refer to their Wirral country cousins on the opposite banks of the River Mersey – nice to see the said Mr Huston is still living the American Dream. As I understand, it’s been an eventful journey that has taken him from a North Wales orphanage to Nashville, Tennessee via Wallasey. The lad’s done good for himself when compared to many of his local musical contemporaries who, for one reason or another, fell by the wayside.

Here’s the link to the Chris Huston website referred to in the above photograph.
carr

Post by carr »

Chris is a forum guru and will answer tech questions here http://www.songramp.com/mod/forumpro/sh ... orum_id=18. You will need to join up of course either as a free member or as a paying member

(I am on the admin staff of songramp.com and part owner of songramp )
carr

Post by carr »

carr wrote:Chris is a forum guru and will answer tech questions here http://www.songramp.com/mod/forumpro/sh ... orum_id=18. You will need to join up of course either as a free member or as a paying member

(I am on the admin staff of songramp.com and part owner of songramp )

Since that last post ( above) we have shifted the site to songramp.net . Unfortunately Chris couldnt make the 2014 Songramp bash at Lyric Springs Tn .
merseymale

Post by merseymale »

I occasionally get Saxophone lessons from Brian Jones , their sax player, who's still gigging regularly, over here in Liverpool :-)
hamilton_square

Post by hamilton_square »

Indeed he is. For what is now the best part of 60 years Brian Jones (and his saxophone) have been gigging ‘round Merseyside and occasionally getting paid for it – that’s what I call staying power.

Watch this YouTube clip taken from a recent gig at the Merseybeat Hall of Fame, Fort Perch Rock, New Brighton

Inaugurated in February 2007, the Meseybeat Hall of Fame is housed inside Fort Perch Rock, the former defence installation situated at the mouth of Liverpool Bay in New Brighton. Built in the 1820s to defend the Port of Liverpool initially from the Napoleonic French, it became known locally as “Little Gibraltar on the Mersey”. Now a historical Grade II listed building, Fort Perch Rock functions today as a tourist attraction, music venue and museum.
Fort Perch Rock, New Brighton.jpg
Fort Perch Rock, New Brighton.jpg (11.56 KiB) Viewed 11617 times
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

I don't have much to contribute to Liverpool, but I find it fascinating that the old fort is is for a museum of this nature. Kudos! 8)
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

That's some MIGHTY FINE sax playin'!!! :shock: 8)
Manta (Tim Rock)
http://www.mantaraymusic.com
1993 Plus FG, 730L-12, 4001FL, Danelectro 6/12, Storyboard Strat

Return to “Liverpool Project: by Admin”