Report on the Bose L1 compact and L1 type II.

Performing and Interpreting Shadows' Music
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Re: Report on the Bose L1 compact and L1 type II.

Post by rickenbrother »

johnhall wrote:I barely ever open it up, playing at about 3 most of the time. That was true at the Starting Gate.

So, why don't you borrow my rig for a rehearsal some night?
John, that is a very kind offer, thank you! I'll PM you about it.
jps wrote:I agree, except for their 406 and 408 cabs, which are very nice. I have not had the opportunity to try the Bose cabs, it would be interesting to check them out with my Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 amp; I should find a local stocking dealer and check them out.
Jeff, did you mean the New York 804 and 604 cabs? The thought of 8's in a bass cab sounds intriguing to me. One of my favorite cabs is the old version of the now discontinued SWR Henry 8x8. However, the New York 804 is rear ported as the greater number of Markbass cabs are. I prefer front ported or sealed cabs because unlike rear ported cabs, the placement of them is not dependent upon having a solid wall being a few inches behind them to interact with to get a good low end.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

johnhall wrote:I barely ever open it up, playing at about 3 most of the time. That was true at the Starting Gate.

So, why don't you borrow my rig for a rehearsal some night?
John, that is a very kind offer, thank you! I'll PM you about it.
jps wrote:I agree, except for their 406 and 408 cabs, which are very nice. I have not had the opportunity to try the Bose cabs, it would be interesting to check them out with my Aguilar Tone Hammer 500 amp; I should find a local stocking dealer and check them out.
Jeff, did you mean the New York 804 and 604 cabs? The thought of 8's in a bass cab sounds intriguing to me. One of my favorite cabs is the old version of the now discontinued SWR Henry 8x8. However, the New York 804 is rear ported as the greater number of Markbass cabs are. I prefer front ported or sealed cabs because unlike rear ported cabs, the placement of them is not dependent upon having a solid wall being a few inches behind them to interact with to get a good low end.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Yeah, 804/604, not the other way round. :roll: I tend to agree with you about rear ports, but these two cabs did sound pretty amazing in open space, as does what amounts to a 602 in my Minimark combo amp.

I have been very happy with the Ciare 8" drivers in my small LDS cabinet.

Return to “Shadows' Forum: by Goran”