4001 V63 Horseshoe

Building pickups from the ground up

Moderator: jingle_jangle

rickcrazy
RRF Consultant

Post by rickcrazy »

8.2 K, to be more precise... I just gave it a test run on my April '74 4001 using a genuine Rick high-gain magnet. Sounds great, if I do say so myself: total Rick tone. If this one doesn't do the trick, none will hehe.
A Rickenbacker bass is much like the Jaguar E car - perennially ultra-fashionable.
xsubs

Post by xsubs »

I can't wait to hear this... Thanks Sergio!
Rickenbacker '64 & '68 4001 basses ♦ Fender Pre-CBS J & P Basses and 1968 Telecaster Bass ♦ Moog Taurus III Bass Pedals ♦ Hiwatt (Hylight) Amplification
"A good bassist determines the direction of any band."- Ron Carter
jdean

Re: 4001 V63 Horseshoe

Post by jdean »

I put a rick re-issue horse shoe p/u in my '76 4001. It lasted for about a year and for some reason needed a re-wind. the guy that does my p/u's was told I would like a bit of an over wind. Understatement.....When I got it back it measured out to be 15.60k. Low and behold, the damn thing sounds great, not to mention very loud. So loud in fact that I gave him my neck high gain and got it back at 15.50k. now I dont have to mess with the volumes, would have been nice if Rickenbacker made the neck p/u's adjustable, but at least now ,the volume output is real close (LOUD)

Return to “Winding Up With The Best: by Sergio Silva”