Fane Ascension Series

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Fane Ascension Series

Post by whojamfan »

Fane has a new line of speakers out called the Ascension series.
F-70: very much like the Purple Hiwatt speakers,(not the Crescendos), very detailed, balanced speaker.
F-90: rip off your face top end with large bottom, not "scooped" because the mids are there and warm. 90 watt Monster!
A-60: Alnico sweetness that doesn't get "grindy" when driven or pushed.
A-90: Alnico high power offerring similar to their no longer made AXA 100w Alnico

But wait..there's more

Avatar Speakers paired with Fane to have their own models made at a substantial savings. They are made in UK by Fane.
H-75: Identical to F-70 except it has a larger dust cap to slightly mellow the highs.
M-65: AFAIK, their variation of the Celestion Creamback 65.
Avatar also provides their free "break in" service with these models which can be very helpful. I've got about 40 hours on my F-90 and she still could "lighten up" a hair-haha.
Avatar also has new 25 and 50 watt Alnico speakers, made in USA, that advertise "British Chime" for a great price. I've read great things about those for whatever it's worth.

I'm currently running an F-70/F-90 pair in an Avatar 2x12 cab with my 1975 Hiwatt DR504 head and WOW, these things just kill it. Chimey, detailed cleans with articulate overdriven tones that never get "ear fatiguing" or fall apart when driven hard. Bass remains focused regardless of what you throw at it. I own/owned different Fanes , but man, the F-70 and F-90 just really shine nicely!

Looking to try one of those Avatar H-75s paired with my F-70 in the 2x12 and pair the F-90 with an A-90 in a Vox 2x12 or similar open back cab. But, as luck would have it, the money tree be deader than dog doo and the Gear Fairy is renegotiating her contract(;

Just thought I'd share.
IHeartRics

Re: Fane Ascension Series

Post by IHeartRics »

Now that you've had some time to break them in, how does the H75 compare to the F70 overall? Would you still consider the F70 more like the old Purple Hiwatt Fanes or does the H75 strike you as more like them?

You've also steered me towards the WGS ET90 and now i'm leaning that way for my 2x12 cab for my 50 watt Hiwatt head. How do they now fit into the equation tonally? They would definitely save me some money. But it looks like Avatar will be selling the F70's in January at just $5 more than the H75's. Oh, decisions, decisions, decisions! Should waiting??? Ugh! :? :? :?
Expect nothing and you'll never be disappointed (and I mean that in an optimistic way).
http://www.reverbnation.com/thelowlies
http://www.myspace.com/thelowlies
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Yes, looks like Avatar has their 2 versions and the 4 Fanes for a killer price. I have not tried the H-75, but the F-70 is utterly awesome with my Hiwatt.
The F-90 is perfect for a high power, clean through highest gain combo.just a hair too much for a classic 60s/70s tones. Perfect for modern rock/metal where face melting is part of your schtick(;
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

Avatar Speakers now carries the full Ascension line, plus the 2 they had spec'd for them. 6 different Fanes, and the substantial discount they offer really makes them within the reach of about anybody looking to get a great speaker.

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”