Un-reason-able talk

A journey beyond mainstream to rebel music
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Re: Un-reason-able talk

Post by kiramdear »

I thought if I walked the same path as my heroes I could catch up with them someday. I was never much of a joiner but sought to emulate those who were in the forefront of all the trendiness. To take on all the destructive qualities was a bad idea, but cathartic. It didn't kill me, so I guess I'm stronger for it.

I also wanted to be identifiable to like-minded people, while struggling to strike out in my own direction.

I'm still the same minus some of the bad habits.
All I wanna do is rock!
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

kiramdear wrote:I'm still the same minus some of the bad habits.
I hope you've kept the good bad habits, Kira!
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

(exhales) Oh, yeah...
All I wanna do is rock!
danbind

Post by danbind »

...but if you are being different just be different, aren't you just conforming?

My two cents: this can be a topic where thinking too much defeats the purpose. NOT thinking about conforming (or not) keeps the intentions pure, knowwhutimean?

Perhaps this is why somebody like Neil Young can seem to drift back and forth throughout musical history between seeming like a hippie to a punk and back and forth. There was an interesting interview I remember reading after he won some "classic rock" music award; he was kind of mad about it--he said his attitude toward the music he was making hadn't ever changed--what he was doing was trying to make something new--he resented that they were putting a label on him.

Return to “Light My Garage, Torch My Fire!: by Sheena Colvin”