'Victoria's Candy' by Rya

A round-table feedback exchange
Rya

'Victoria's Candy' by Rya

Post by Rya »

https://soundcloud.com/rya66/victorias-candy

Here's our last recording for 2017 and it's something a little different. This song was written as a bit of a joke for a girl at work who always returns from her frequent holidays with bags full of candy. She is from Estonia and never really caught on that 'Victoria's Candy' could mean other things. She was just happy to have her name in a song. As usual, all guitar parts were recorded using my Rickenbacker 330. It's a fun song to play at gigs and usually goes down well.
Merry Christmas everyone.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Re: 'Victoria's Candy' by Rya

Post by jdogric12 »

Cool! What's the filter on the lead at the beginning? Sounds similar to my old DOD FX25B Envelope Filter, but maybe a little different.
Rya

Re: 'Victoria's Candy' by Rya

Post by Rya »

jdogric12 wrote:Cool! What's the filter on the lead at the beginning? Sounds similar to my old DOD FX25B Envelope Filter, but maybe a little different.
Thanks, glad you like it. The lead riff is played thru an Electro Harmonix Micro Q Tron envelope filter pedal. After that it goes into a Tech 21 Leeds. The Leeds is the pedal I use for the standard sound on all the recordings. I used to use the Liverpool, but I found I could get exactly the same sound from the Leeds plus the Leeds could get 'heavier' on those songs that needed it. The last pedal in the chain is a Hall of Fame spring reverb.

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”