"Eight Miles High"--from Studio Z

A round-table feedback exchange
vynesmusic

"Eight Miles High"--from Studio Z

Post by vynesmusic »

This forum has become slightly elitist and a bit too full of itself….it is a forum for lovers of the Rickenbacker line of guitars…nobody gets paid, few of the members actually play out live, and I have noticed a decided increase in non-responses to many of the new recordings offered…..that's OK….better silence than phrase by phrase criticism of how the track is not a perfect imitation of the original……some of us just want to play the songs….we try to get the gist of it, but mostly it's a pleasure to get a version of one of the many masterworks we all love….SO….here's "Eight Miles High" from my Studio Z…I play and sing all tracks…..

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9176979
"All these things will be lost in time....like....tears....in rain...."----Roy Batty, Bladerunner
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: "Eight Miles High"--from Studio Z

Post by jps »

vynesmusic wrote:This forum has become slightly elitist and a bit too full of itself….it is a forum for lovers of the Rickenbacker line of guitars…nobody gets paid, few of the members actually play out live, and I have noticed a decided increase in non-responses to many of the new recordings offered…..that's OK….better silence than phrase by phrase criticism of how the track is not a perfect imitation of the original……some of us just want to play the songs….we try to get the gist of it, but mostly it's a pleasure to get a version of one of the many masterworks we all love….SO….here's "Eight Miles High" from my Studio Z…I play and sing all tracks…..

https://soundclick.com/share.cfm?id=9176979
The fact that you may not get a response to recordings of your that you post makes you say we are elitist and full of ourselves? WOW! :roll:
wim
Intermediate Member

Post by wim »

Full of myself? Moi? :wink:
teb
Advanced Member

Post by teb »

Regardless of how much you want to mirror the original, or take parts of it off in your own direction (which is a perfectly fine option on a cover) the problem I have with this one is that the lead guitar is way out of tune with the basic tracks. I don't know if I'm being elitist and/or full of myself for noticing and mentioning it or not, but I did play professionally and did a lot of recording sessions and playing out of tune instruments was not acceptable in any of them.
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

A somewhat relevant aside from John Entwistle: "I'm only interested in heavy metal when it's me who's playing it. I suppose it's a bit like smelling your own farts."
'wistle'n'ric.jpg
'wistle'n'ric.jpg (7.26 KiB) Viewed 5408 times
Hope it helps!
Don't let democracy end democracy.

Return to “Recordings By RRF Members”