The missing Link

Reverberations from Duane Eddy and beyond
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

The missing Link

Post by elreydlp »

...............Wray!

Not his best song, but I love that 31-fret Guitarlin. I had a Jerry Jones until one night when I finished playing "Rawhide" on it, and a guy walked up and offered me stupid money for it on the spot. I wish I'd resisited the temptation! Don't remember what I bought with the money (that says it ALL!), but I wish I still had it.
Low End Lover

Re: The missing Link

Post by Low End Lover »

+1000! I can't believe nobody has commented yet. I LOVE Link Wray! My wife will tell you she married me because I could play "Rumble" and "Run Chicken Run" and this was only 10 years ago. I have never seen vintage footage of him. Thanks so much!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

RUN!!! :shock:
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Link kicks ***! When I was a kid I inherited my Mom's small collection of 45s and one of them was "Raunchy."

If it is to be, it is up to me.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

jps wrote:RUN!!! :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
We just got finished watching Chicken Run (again) tonight!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
analogpackrat

Post by analogpackrat »

Couldn't resist adding a couple more...

Pretty awesome stuff--all the more so considering the date.

And here's a cool Beatles cover (instrumental).

If it is to be, it is up to me.
elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

We played last night at a new venue (restaurant) and the crowd thinned pretty early, so we just played what we wanted. After "Jack the Ripper", an attractive lady at the bar asked, "Was that Link Wray-I just LOVE him!", so of course, we played the rest of our "Link Fest"-'Rawhide", "I'm Branded", "Rumble", and Los Straitjackets tribute "Lynx Tail".
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

no need to stop now...

elreydlp
Intermediate Member

Post by elreydlp »

Low End Lover wrote:+1000! I can't believe nobody has commented yet. I LOVE Link Wray! My wife will tell you she married me because I could play "Rumble" and "Run Chicken Run" and this was only 10 years ago. I have never seen vintage footage of him. Thanks so much!
I meant to quote you in my posting last night, because I too can't believe the initially weak response. Link should inspire SOMETHING in everyone!
We always play at The Carlsbad (CA) Street Fair (typically 100,000+ attendies) the first weekend in May, and since Link's Birthday (5/2) and Dick Dale's (5/4) are right around there, we always recognize them and play some of their songs. Link's tunes ALWAYS draw a strong (positive) reaction!
duke

Post by duke »

elreydlp wrote:Link should inspire SOMETHING in everyone!
Extremely well said!

Back when I started playing guitar and had learned a few chords, Rumble was one of the first songs I attempted to play. Although my playing was shaky at best, It sort of sounded like Rumble. That was a huge inspiration to continue with the guitar!
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

duke wrote:
elreydlp wrote:Link should inspire SOMETHING in everyone!
Extremely well said!

Back when I started playing guitar and had learned a few chords, Rumble was one of the first songs I attempted to play. Although my playing was shaky at best, It sort of sounded like Rumble. That was a huge inspiration to continue with the guitar!
:D :D :D

Return to “Instrumental As Anything: by Admin”