The Gomez Tahitian Reverb Amp

Reverberations from Duane Eddy and beyond
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

The Gomez Tahitian Reverb Amp

Post by kenposurf »

Disclaimer: I'm a huge fan and am hooked on Gomez amps:

My bro and amp guru Dario Gomez has a new one and believe me it is a tone monster..here's a teaser from his site:
The Tahitian Reverb-Amp
..is coming soon from Gomez Amps. This was the long-awaited amp that spent 4 years as an idea and I finally was able to get it built and breathe reverb for the first time. I've worked on this amp (when time permitted) prior to the move of 2009 up until now- getting all the fine tuning this year.

Tone-wise, imagine the "G" Reverb-Amp but now at 100W and in a head cabinet. It has the same, single-channel control layout. At your lower volumes it has all the clean tones, thick tremolo and heavenly reverb of the Gverb. At higher volumes it has massive drive. It can be used as a 50W head (with power tube pulls) but still remain a very powerful amp. There will only be 8 available-limited edition.
www.gomezamps.com
DGG

Re: The Gomez Tahitian Reverb Amp

Post by DGG »

Thanks for the word George.

Here it is all..."The Tahitian Reverb-Amp"...

http://gomezamps.com/TahitianProfile.jpg

http://gomezamps.com/BlueTahitianReverb_ProfileCrop.jpg
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

That amp looks killer! 8) I love the white Tolex®/knobs/oxblood cloth era. :D
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Been a/b ing the Tahitian with a Surfer (Showman)
Both use 4x 6L6 in the power section...The Surfer like a Showman is clean clean clean w/tons of headroom..it starts to bloom at 1/2 volume..Dick Dale style.
The Tahitian's tone starts to thicken at3- 4 and by 6 it it full bloom w/tons of drive behind it..still very surfy but a thick 3 dimensional tone
Really a different beast...kinda like Leo Fender and Jim Marshall went out for a few beers and....
Th T=Reverbs my #1 for medium to large and all outdoor shows now.
The onbord reverb is excellent and the tremolo is killer. We've been doing a lot of tunes lately when I'm blending light reverb with tremolo and some delay...should have some samples soon.
Disclaimer: Dario Gomez is a friend and my amp guru...but I still call them as I hear them
Tele295

Post by Tele295 »

Dario makes a fine amp
If I'm not with you
I'm not so much of a man
I'm like a fish on the sand

Return to “Instrumental As Anything: by Admin”