Changed trim & pickguards, added midi

Capturing Guitar images
Dom

Changed trim & pickguards, added midi

Post by Dom »

In my new group I play midi guitar through a $10 app on my iPhone which is astounding & great, but only monophonic. I brought my purchased new in '98 Roland GR-30 out of retirement & had to choose a guitar to receive both the glorious new abilities of and the phantom of the opera hideousness of the Roland GK midi pickup. The 370WB & Turq 330 each had the GK installed for a time & the turq 330 has been doing baritone duty so time to pass the torch. I really wanted to use the Red 350 with the black trim. The GK midi pickup is cumbersome & the wire is annoying...& on this particular guitar there was not enough room for the hex pickup between the bridge pickup & the bridge. Alright, time to re-shuffle the deck. The Jetglo 330 would get the midi & the tort pg from the once again stock Turq 330. I would swap black trim from the red guitar to the jetglo. I pulled out the project 350, the white pg did not fit the last time...this time it fit. Chrome trim & a white pg make the red really pop. The tuners look good where they are so I did not swap 'em.

Q: How do you hide a GK pickup? A: Jetglo 330 with black trim.

Search the register's gallery for Red 350 to see this dude with the stock black trim.

Return to “Photography By RRF Members: by Jeffrey Scott”