Rickenbacker Guitars Versus Basses

Reports from Spain
admin
Site Admin

Rickenbacker Guitars Versus Basses

Post by admin »

Miguel: I notice that three-quarters of the Rickenbackers from Spain in our Register are guitars. Does this finding come as a surprise to you or is there some easy explanation? Is the Register on the mark here or do we need a greater sample size before were can make a general statement such as this with regard to Rickenbackers in Spain.

Or do the Rickenbackers basses in Spain stay mainly on the plane as they make their way elsewhere.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
miguel
RRF Consultant

Re: Rickenbacker Guitars Versus Basses

Post by miguel »

Well, I'm not really sure about this, Peter, although I have a theory. When spanish people buy a Rickenbacker guitar, they are after a look and a sound (sixties - inspired music, modern power pop, the lot). Somehow, this doesn't happen with Rickenbacker basses, which is a shame. And there's another thing: it's difficult to find a new Rick guitar in the spanish shops right now, but it's even harder to find a Rick bass. I have seen a 330 here and a 360 there in the last 25 years, but I have never seen a 4003.
rickyvox

Re: Rickenbacker Guitars Versus Basses

Post by rickyvox »

Peter, as Miguel said, 4003's are not so easy to find here, maybe you'll see a bunch of them in the used market, but it's really difficult to see a brand new one in a shop. Anyway, there's a bunch of bassists here in Spain that likes them, for sure. My fellow bassist is one of them (although in our song included in RRF CD1 he did not use the 4001S).

Return to “Spanish Chapter: by Miguel Valpuesta”