Musician Magazine

The history and music of the Fab Four
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Musician Magazine

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Hello there: I don't know where else to ask, but since I'm interested in a Beatles topic, thought I could post here.

I'm wondering if anyone has a collection of that fine magazine called Musician, which was published between 1976-1999. I used to "thought-lift" it regularly from the university bookstore, but didn't actually buy it often. Particularly from 1978-1982 or so. (Although those acts of mental thievery may have persisted a bit longer) Or, if you have discovered a way to access it online, kindly pass on a link to the source.

Thanks for any help!

PS: I did just stumble across this article,yet to delve, but looks interesting:

https://bassmusicianmagazine.com/2020/0 ... s-players/
Don't let democracy end democracy.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Musician Magazine

Post by doctorwho »

I did a quick search on UCSD's Roger library search system, and that magazine appears to have an active copyright, so you will probably need to go through a library to access any issues (either on-line using the library's access credentials, or, if present in the library's collection, hard copy).
UCSD_Roger_Musician.jpg
Musician_HathTrust.jpg
So the good news is that it is available ... the bad news is that it will take more effort than just sitting at home on your computer! 8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
Kiddwad57
Intermediate Member

Post by Kiddwad57 »

Thanks for that, Good Doctor. An air conditioned library sounds like the right place to spend some time.
Don't let democracy end democracy.
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

Kiddwad57 wrote:Thanks for that, Good Doctor. An air conditioned library sounds like the right place to spend some time.
8)
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca

Return to “Beatles' Forum”