Video from the Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl

The history and music of the Fab Four
scoobster28
Veteran RRF member

Video from the Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl

Post by scoobster28 »

I had no idea that video of the Beatles appearances at the Hollywood Bowl existed (except for snippets found in the Anthology series). However, recently I found videos showing good video (and terrible audio... to be expected) on Youtube. Here is one such video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5K-Q_cf ... pB&index=2

Was this ever released on DVD? If not, how could anyone be holding onto such footage for all these years?
collin

Re: Video from the Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl

Post by collin »

My old next door neighbor saw the Beatles play at the Hollywood Bowl in 1964, she told me all about it (she was 16). Pretty amazing thing to witness that band at their absolute zenith (live anyway), during the height of U.S. Beatlemania at such an iconic venue.
robertf

Re: Video from the Beatles at the Hollywood Bowl

Post by robertf »

I recall that back in the day, the local ABC network affiliate in Los Angeles (KABC), shot a lot of footage at the 8/23/64 Bowl appearance. I recall seeing some of the footage on tv within days of the show. They filmed something like 7 complete songs that were later synced with the Capitol recordings for use on the Beatles Anthology. I think All My Loving was the number featured in the Anthology.

There was a guy who used to sell bootlegs and such on the net back in the early 2000’s and I bought a copy the synced videos from him.

Return to “Beatles' Forum”