Woo-Hoo! First paying gig in nearly 25 years!!

Let Us Know About Your Performances Past, Present and Future
Kopfjaeger
Advanced Member

Re: Woo-Hoo! First paying gig in nearly 25 years!!

Post by Kopfjaeger »

Mildly freaking out right about now! Tech gremlins? I had not even thought of that!! :shock:

So, our "sound guy" ex bassist for the band sends an email two days ago that he can't make it so the mad scramble was on to find someone to sub. We find a reasonable charging professional to sub in and last night the ex bassist says he can make it after all. TOO BAD!! We booked the other guy already! Now today one of the guitards has the brain storm to alter the set lists. WTF?? Who does that sort of thing in the 11th hour?? Basically I really don't care but like this subject couldn't have come up a few day ago?? Why now??? Where is the "banging head" emoticon???

To top it off, it's raining cats and dogs and humid as heck! All my basses needed a tweaking since the necks all back bowed a bit. Was seriously going to bring the 4002 as a back up and or main player but I'm told this is a small club with no stage. I don't really feel like murdering any moron for knocking over my pride and joy so I'm bringing my 73 4001. She is quite reliable and I really feel comfortable playing the entire set on her. But man, the 4002 sounded so sweet today. Better box up the kit before i change my mind and bring her!!

Sepp
Vintage/Classic Rickenbacker Enthusiast!
1972 4001 Jetglo
1973 4001 Burgundyglo
2011 4003 Jetglo
1986 4003 Shadow
rickyfricky
Intermediate Member

Post by rickyfricky »

Sounds like ROCK & ROLL to me, Sepp! Drama-Rama is pretty much par for the course . . . :o

However it shakes -- remember to have the most effin FUN as possible. That's what it's all about. :)
Watch those teeth, Marlin. I'm not sure we've properly sedated the beast . . .
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Kopfjaeger wrote:Now today one of the guitards has the brain storm to alter the set lists. WTF?? Who does that sort of thing in the 11th hour??

Sepp
Sounds like one of the guys in the band I'm in. :roll: Wait until they start changing things during the show. :roll: :roll:
Kopfjaeger
Advanced Member

Post by Kopfjaeger »

I survived!! Actually, it was way easier than I had remembered!! :D All the post show jitters left while setting up and I was remarkable calm and focused going in. I was very calm prior to any alcohol ingestion!! :D

The venue was small and dark so fotos are all very dark. I have a few decent ones I'll post here once uploaded. We played 24 songs over 3 sets and there between 60 & 70 people there. Not too bad at all for zero advertising. The bar manager normally has flyers & posters printed up as well as a sign but we got nothing. Most attendees were from word of mouth with a few club regulars showing up.

The place was dark so fotos and video are muddy but I'll post the best of what I have. One down and many more to come!!

Oh, AND I GOT PAID!!! How cool is that!!!

Sepp
1972 4001 Jetglo
1973 4001 Burgundyglo
2011 4003 Jetglo
1986 4003 Shadow
Kopfjaeger
Advanced Member

Post by Kopfjaeger »

The best foto out of the handful that were taken.
LSP 05-13.jpg
Sepp
1972 4001 Jetglo
1973 4001 Burgundyglo
2011 4003 Jetglo
1986 4003 Shadow

Return to “My Gig Forum”