Day 1 with the 4005XC

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
Dom

Day 1 with the 4005XC

Post by Dom »

My dream bass just arrived today! Quick greezy easy GarageBand recording. Mono jack, no set up, strings a tad too low. First thoughts, light, well balanced, fast…LOVE this neck. Sounds glorious especially when splitting the bridge pickup to a guitar amp. Blend is great but would prefer it work the bridge pickup so I can dial in more dirt. I need to remove bridge cover and lower the guard one grommet for slap ability. TSF fuzz dirt at the end. Only scratched the surface. Hot cha!
espidog

Re: Day 1 with the 4005XC

Post by espidog »

Great repertoire of tones you've got going on there, Dominic. I'm curious about the 'floating' section of pickguard, though. Is it meant to be mounted that high off the deck or did you modify its position to suit yourself? It looks like it's got something packed underneath it, to me.
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Great tone on that bass, Dom. Not a bad looker either. :lol: Congratulations on the new arrival. I really appreciate you sharing this video.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Dom

Post by Dom »

espidog wrote:Great repertoire of tones you've got going on there, Dominic. I'm curious about the 'floating' section of pickguard, though. Is it meant to be mounted that high off the deck or did you modify its position to suit yourself? It looks like it's got something packed underneath it, to me.
Thanks! Mind you this is all after first unboxing and playing it only a few minutes prior. This morning I saw a pedal was left on under the cords…I’d had the treble booster on that whole time too :lol: . I didn’t do any tone fiddling I plugged into my guitar rig which sends an out to GarageBand before the amp & dialed up the same patch I (used to!) use for my longhorn bass. After fighting the Dano for 23 years I was due for an upgrade. Like going from a 63 bug to a Porsche 993.

Upper guard is where it was stock…I stuck the USA sticker underneath for now, eventually going in the electronics cavity…not that I’ll ever sell this.
espidog

Post by espidog »

Fascinating! I never knew that floating pickguards were fitted so high off the deck. Would love to own a 4005, but... ah well, a boy can dream! :lol:
2004 4003 JetGlo
Epiphone Jack Casady
Ovation Magnum 1
Mania VTB-4BS
Dean Stylist w/ John Birch Magnum II pups
Yamaha BB414
Trace Elliot VA350/GP11 Mk1
Peavey TB-Raxx
2 BFM Omni 10.5 crossfire cabs
Roland Bass Cube 100
Dom

Post by Dom »

I’m bummed. I tried to get audio/video of the 4005xc in the hands of a real bassist and his Darkglass amp over the weekend but at the last minute we couldn’t get access to some critical gear due to the COVID lockout.
Dom

Post by Dom »

I’m bummed. I tried to get audio/video of the 4005xc in the hands of a real bassist and his Darkglass amp over the weekend but at the last minute we couldn’t get access to some critical gear due to the COVID lockout.
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Sounds and looks awesome!
Dom

Post by Dom »

jdogric12 wrote:Sounds and looks awesome!
Thanks Jason! I still need to capture it in full two amp Ric-O-Sound mode. And now that I have the bass I can finish up my 350 project!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Dom wrote:I’m bummed. I tried to get audio/video of the 4005xc in the hands of a real bassist and his Darkglass amp over the weekend but at the last minute we couldn’t get access to some critical gear due to the COVID lockout.
Send it to me and I will make some great recordings of it (no vids, though, just audio). I promise to return it, eventually...
Dom

Post by Dom »

I apologize for not getting more recordings done. Best bass ever but I’m definitely not the best player ever. I did a second video with the pickups split. Neck is clean and bridge is my regular guitar path. I have the neck and effects running to a 15”peavey bass amp and the bridge to a 24w Supro, a 4x10” closed back and different effects on each. The first one was direct in but this one was done live on the phone. Is it a bass or is it a guitar? Yes.

https://youtu.be/P42116F5LcA[/youtube]

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”