Specks, my npr Tiny Desk entry.

Rolling the Finest in Digital Movies
Dom

Post by Dom »

https://youtu.be/oZfRHvLswJw

I decided to enter the Tiny Desk contest...very last minute. I’d worked on one song forever then scrapped it & repurposed the lyrics for this track. This was actually the first time I played this song all the way through. I used the Dombo 800 tuned CGCGCE which worked great for Nick Drake. No amp, tool shed is too small. The guitar goes through a booster then the Voicelive 3 which also runs my vocals. The guitar and vocals are on the same track & were mixed this way permanently live so no room for error!
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

I like your Slide and Guitar work there, Dom !! 8)
Is that the 1936 HorseShoe P/U there or a different one ? Did you get the old Horsie re-chromed yet ?
Dom

Re: Specks, my npr Tiny Desk entry.

Post by Dom »

Hi Rich, thanks! This one has the “no shoe” transitional HiGain from my 1971 Electro steel. Not my typical gear setup having no amp so this tone was unique. The 1936 may end up in a hot rodded 350 :twisted: & I’m going to swap this body over for the 850 which will get the correct shade of royal turquoise once I feel comfortable buying Non essentials like paint again. The bass cutaway on this 800 one is all wrong & buggs me each & every time I look at it :lol:

I tried to do this tuning on my 370WB but to get that low tuning & deep tone & not have it get flabby I have to use a 7 string set.

Return to “Videos by RRF Members”