Gram Parsons

Those who flock to The Byrds
bowser2533

Gram Parsons

Post by bowser2533 »

41 years ago today we lost Gram. Tho only in the Byrds for 8 months or so, he took them in a new direction with Sweetheart of the Rodeo and then the Flying Burrito Bros. Some of my favorite stuff. You are missed by Millions of your fans. R I P. Gary
coolingitdown
Intermediate Member

Re: Gram Parsons

Post by coolingitdown »

While I wouldn't consider myself much of a country fan, there is something different about Gram's work. His material just resonated with me for whatever reason. Maybe it was the "rock band playing country music" vibe that his recordings had. He burned brightly, and unfortunately, briefly. RIP
2010 4003 FG
1997 4003FL Turquoise
Set neck 4001S (color TBD)
xpitt
Intermediate Member

Post by xpitt »

bowser2533 wrote:41 years ago today we lost Gram. Tho only in the Byrds for 8 months or so, he took them in a new direction with Sweetheart of the Rodeo and then the Flying Burrito Bros. Some of my favorite stuff. You are missed by Millions of your fans. R I P. Gary
Well said. So many songs that turned to get classics. Sin City, Dark End Of The Street , a chain of pearls. The guys I was paying with these times were into Mahavishnu Orchestra , and I just loved Gram's songs. Great loss indeed.
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Gram was great. My band played in a Gram tribute show last night, covering Hickory Wind, Still Feeling Blue, Streets of Baltimore, and That's All It Took.

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”