Kids playing the old stuff?

Discussing 60s and 70s Garage Band Music
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Re: Kids playing the old stuff?

Post by kenposurf »

elreydlp wrote:
duke wrote:My 40-year-old son has been playing and listening to surf music and '50s/'60s R&R since he was in his early teens. He's always said that he prefers it over other music. I used to think it was because of the influences around our home and bands, but he's been on his own since age 18 and still prefers the old stuff.
Duke
Your son is obviously gifted with a superior ear and intellect as well as excellent parenting!
Yep :D :D :D
duke

Post by duke »

kenposurf wrote:
elreydlp wrote:
duke wrote:My 40-year-old son has been playing and listening to surf music and '50s/'60s R&R since he was in his early teens. He's always said that he prefers it over other music. I used to think it was because of the influences around our home and bands, but he's been on his own since age 18 and still prefers the old stuff.
Duke
Your son is obviously gifted with a superior ear and intellect as well as excellent parenting!
Yep :D :D :D
Aw, golly, you guys...I'm at a loss for words... :oops: ...except one... THANKS! :D :D :D
bartyclue
Intermediate Member

Post by bartyclue »

s4001 wrote:My 12 yr old son's favorite bands are Rush, Motorhead and Deep Purple.
You have done a fine job of raising your child. :D
billydlight

Post by billydlight »

My Boys LOVE the old Stuff

kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

Those are great clips Billy..way to go!
billydlight

Post by billydlight »

THey are good boys! 8)
1a12

Post by 1a12 »

My 13 year old corrects me on how I've been playing some Marriot era Small Faces songs wrong for many years. He came in the other day and refreshed me on "She don't care about time" by the Byrds. He likes modern stuff like that "pumped up kicks" tune too. Kinda nice.
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

At 21, all I live by is the old stuff. All my favorite bands started in the 50s-70s, with some 80s thrown in for good measures. Pearl Jam and Barnaked Ladies are probably the only modern bands I listen to today.
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

My daughter taught herself a bit of Hey Jude on the piano, and considerd the Beatles the best band ever. She'll hear, say the Hollies, and ask if that's the Beatles. She's 9. I've been a good influence!

Return to “2 Car Garage: by Admin”