Closest Gretsch pickup to HiGains?

Gretsch Forum and For Sale Ads

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

RicUpNorth

Closest Gretsch pickup to HiGains?

Post by RicUpNorth »

Recently got a G5220, Jet style, guitar. I quite enjoy its feel and playability. The pickups aren’t bad at all, but I’d like something a little more similar to my 620 so I can leave amp setting alone when going between guitars. The thing I most love about my Ric is where it sits in the mix. It has a sonic space all it’s own, and doesn’t seem to compete with other things. Curious what Gretsch pickups would get closest to this? I’m far from educated on them, but it seems to me a Hilo-Tron or a Dynasonic? TV Jones closer?
admin
Site Admin

Re: Closest Gretsch pickup to HiGains?

Post by admin »

RicUpNorth wrote:Recently got a G5220, Jet style, guitar. I quite enjoy its feel and playability. The pickups aren’t bad at all, but I’d like something a little more similar to my 620 so I can leave amp setting alone when going between guitars. The thing I most love about my Ric is where it sits in the mix. It has a sonic space all it’s own, and doesn’t seem to compete with other things. Curious what Gretsch pickups would get closest to this? I’m far from educated on them, but it seems to me a Hilo-Tron or a Dynasonic? TV Jones closer?
Christopher of the three that you reference, I would say that the Dynasonic is closest.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
Tele295

Re: Closest Gretsch pickup to HiGains?

Post by Tele295 »

admin wrote:
Christopher of the three that you reference, I would say that the Dynasonic is closest.
I agree
If I'm not with you
I'm not so much of a man
I'm like a fish on the sand

Return to “Going Gretsch Forum:”