Listing of RIC one-offs, Whiskeyglo bass?

A discussion of RIC Outlet One Offs

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

cjj
RRF Moderator

Listing of RIC one-offs, Whiskeyglo bass?

Post by cjj »

OK, I was looking through my pictures and came across a bass described as "Whiskeyglo," I see that it's not on the list of one-offs. Anyone remember this one? What was the story on it, was it a one-off? I can't remember, and searching the forum for Whiskeyglo doesn't seem to turn anything up...
f.jpg
b.jpg
bb.jpg
h.jpg
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Re: Listing of RIC one-offs, Whiskeyglo bass?

Post by Ivan3000 »

I was also curious about this, and if I may add, what about the purleglo 360?
rickenboy

Post by rickenboy »

I'm just taking a shot in the dark but that looks to me like an autumnglo but without a front burst.....

I also heard of a 4001 that was constructed of clear/plexi glass like the dan armstrong basses. Now that sounds pretty cool!
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

I don't recall the "Whiskeyglo" bass.

There were RIC one-offs around before the RIC Factory Outlet began selling them on ebay. The ones we are "officially" keeping track of on the Register are the RIC Factory Outlet ones. We have tried to keep up to date with those.

There are also, of course, the PW Refins, which is now a separate category in the Register. I think the purple one recently on ebay would fall into that category.
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

libratune wrote:I don't recall the "Whiskeyglo" bass.

There were RIC one-offs around before the RIC Factory Outlet began selling them on ebay. The ones we are "officially" keeping track of on the Register are the RIC Factory Outlet ones. We have tried to keep up to date with those.

There are also, of course, the PW Refins, which is now a separate category in the Register. I think the purple one recently on ebay would fall into that category.
They are on the facebook page, luckily my friend, Steven lets me log onto his facebook to view the Ricks so thats how I found out about it.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

I seem to recall this one as being sold by the factory and not a refin, but it could have been before the Outlet. Mostly, I'm just trying to remember what it was all about.

libratune wrote:
Of course, the one listed as "B-1", the Honeyglo, was sold in April of 2007 (it's listed in the One-Off list as 4-08, not 4-07), which was before the Ebay Ric-Outlet opened in May of 2007 (or at least that's when it was announced)...

But then again, my memory is FAR worse than my computer's, so I may be completely out of touch with reality on this...
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Mystery solved. It WAS a refin. Never mind...
libratune
Veteran RRF member

Post by libratune »

cjj wrote:Of course, the one listed as "B-1", the Honeyglo, was sold in April of 2007 (it's listed in the One-Off list as 4-08, not 4-07), which was before the Ebay Ric-Outlet opened in May of 2007 (or at least that's when it was announced)...

But then again, my memory is FAR worse than my computer's, so I may be completely out of touch with reality on this...
For the record, the B-1 "Honeyglo" 4003 one-off was sold in April of 2008: http://www.rickresource.com/register/vi ... p?id=16330

That one is not in chronological order on the list. The first instrument on the RIC Factory One-Off list was sold in December 2007.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

OK, I stand corrected. I had it written down wrong, my mistake...
MiroN

Post by MiroN »

Am I the first to used the term "whiskyglo"?
:lol:
Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:29 pm
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=390146&p=663092#p663092
MiroN wrote:
notviceversa wrote:here is mine.
4003 Honey RRF1.jpg
4003 Honey RRF2.jpg
4003 Honey RRF3.jpg
looks like a "whiskyglo"!
I like it.
My Basses' Name:
4001White 1981-11-W.
4003Jetglo 1992-04-Mr.B.B.
4001Mapleglo 1974-06-Tre
4004Walnut 1994-09 CI-Giusy
4004Mapleglo 2003-05 CII (Fretless 4-2-5)-Amo
4004Jetglo 1994-12 Laredo-Ruso
4003Mapleglo 1988-08 LK-Lemmy
2030MidnightBlue 1992-08-Nino
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

cjj wrote:OK, I was looking through my pictures and came across a bass described as "Whiskeyglo," I see that it's not on the list of one-offs. Anyone remember this one? What was the story on it, was it a one-off? I can't remember, and searching the forum for Whiskeyglo doesn't seem to turn anything up....
Sorry - gotta rib you - "Whiskeyglo" and "can't remember" - Hmmmm. :P
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

iiipopes wrote:
cjj wrote:OK, I was looking through my pictures and came across a bass described as "Whiskeyglo," I see that it's not on the list of one-offs. Anyone remember this one? What was the story on it, was it a one-off? I can't remember, and searching the forum for Whiskeyglo doesn't seem to turn anything up....
Wow, replying to a thread nearly 8 years old, did you just wake up from too much "Whiskeyglo"??? :wink:

Pretty funny though...
:lol: 8) 8)
iiipopes
Intermediate Member

Post by iiipopes »

cjj wrote:
iiipopes wrote:
Wow, replying to a thread nearly 8 years old, did you just wake up from too much "Whiskeyglo"??? :wink:

Pretty funny though...
Touche'
blueflamerick
Advanced Member

Post by blueflamerick »

Why couldn't they have called it "Whiskey-a-glo-glo"?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

cjj wrote: Wow, replying to a thread nearly 8 years old, did you just wake up from too much "Whiskeyglo"??? :wink:

Pretty funny though...
Must be a trend. I just said basically the same thing to a thread that someone just posted on from over 8 years ago! :lol:

Return to “RIC Outlet One Offs: by Peter McCormack”