Well I've finally had it with SVT's

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

How many posts Bob?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rictified

Post by rictified »

I had to erase my post involving lawyers, million dollar lawsuits, and misrepresentation etc.
Ok you can put it back now. (you forgot my original join date of 4-03) haha!
soundmasterg
RRF Consultant

Post by soundmasterg »

I've found that for solid state, the Ampeg B100R sounds pretty good. The bass player at the weekly blues jam I go to was using a Sunn 200S with a ****** cabinet, and got the solid state Ampeg B100R to replace it. Sometimes I bring down my Sunn 200S with the ported 1x15 I had made for me and it sounds better of course, but the solid state one works well and is more portable. I'd bring an SVT down there but I'd blow a hole in the wall with all the power. The guitaists are only using Deluxe Reverbs after all, so the volume isn't THAT loud.

Check out some of the sound clips here. Click on the 'read the reviews' area in the middle right of the screen. Some GREAT guitar and bass players there. Even the drummers are good! And the owner of the site hosting these clips makes some GREAT pickups too.

http://www.sdpickups.com/
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

Bob, I was going to post something about my love for the GK (2) 4-10 stack I have, and then I realized that you couldn't be serious! Allllllmost got me, but not quite! Image
"They make great f***'n basses". - Lemmy, NAMM 2009
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

I was going to post that I had given up Ric basses and I was going to play the Chapman stick ... and I would mod it to accept a few more strings ...
rictified

Post by rictified »

I thought you were an accordian player.
trick_knee

Post by trick_knee »

Accordian X 1.25 keys, buttons and doohickies...
jwr2

Post by jwr2 »

the auto harp is more fun than the accordian ...
rictified

Post by rictified »

How about the mouth harp? boing boing boing.

Return to “The Low End”