Rats!

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

oli

Rats!

Post by oli »

Hello!

I've been using a modelling amp until the beginning of this week, but it didn't really satisfy my needs.
So I switched to a Guayatone GA-1050 (copy of a Fender Twin Reverb) and a Rat pedal.
It is the one with three knobs(Distortion, Filter, Volume); serial# is RT-125971, when switched on, the centre of the A in RAT is glowing red.
I play a Rick 330 with HighGain PUs.

I suppsoes I'm not the only one using a Rick+Rat+clean amp, so if you also do so, please tell me what settings (guitar and Rat) you use for any kinds of distorted sounds.
I'm quite overwhelmed, there are sooo many possibilities for setting volume and tone...

Thank You, Oli
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

I use three amp set ups

My all time favorite is my 1958 Fender Tweed Deluxe .With only three knobs it delievers every time every gig or session.
I use the natural distortion or add an early RAT pedal for the "Jeff Beck" tones.

My working amp for years was my Mesa Boogie MarkII amp ....great tone as well -the Steeley Dan sound ,yummy.

But since last Jan , I have been using a Line 6
Flextone II, and marvelling at all the things it does .
I got my Boogie out to compare , and no they do not sound identical , but the Line 6 works for me LIVE.
I can get so many different types of tones and play in different styles .Things I can not get with any of my other eight amps .It is nice to have Vox, Marshall plexi,JCM800,Mesa Boogie,Roland Jazz Chorus,Fender and Dumble in one amp .With the floor board .......wow! lots off stuff ...plus I can turn on and off the 'tube' noise! for all those Chirps that I need to get .
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”