Post by jps »

I have The Geese & The Ghost.
lshaia
Veteran RRF member

Post by lshaia »

I have Wise After The Event.
wayang

Post by wayang »

Prefacing it with the ever-popular "IMO", I don't feel anything Genesis did after Gabriel's departure was up to the standard of their previous work. Watching them slog along was like seeing the headless chicken run around the barnyard after meeting with the axe...

I liked "Wot Gorilla?", though...
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

Trick Of The Tail has some great stuff on it.
lshaia
Veteran RRF member

Post by lshaia »

It was an excellent concert; classical guitar, flute, and keyboard, without vocals, but a very enjoyable blend of Genesis, his solo work, and classical pieces. Steve was relaxed and joked with the audience between numbers, and of course his playing was superb. Definitely worth seeing if he comes to your neighborhood.
stubby
Intermediate Member

Post by stubby »

I couldn't agree more with Dave's comment that it was the worst decision he made when he came out from behind the drums. I doubt Phil Collins would agree though-he seems to have done alright by it. Ah, the music "biz." Can't help but make you shake your head in wonder.
wints
Veteran RRF member

Post by wints »

The Gabriel stuff was wonderful. They were never close to it after that..."IMO"...
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

Collins' playing certainly went set on "boring" once he started taking over vocal duties, which is a shame because the guy is an incredible drummer.
wayang

Post by wayang »

Agreed...

The story goes that after Gabriel quit, the band auditioned dozens of replacement vocalists with no luck. At some point, Collins' wife told him he should 'throw his hat into the ring'...

Can't you just hear it? "You march right down there and tell those boys that YOU'RE going to be the lead singer."

Pathetic...I think she was just trying to goose up her future alimony receipts...
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”