Buy High Sell Low and Other LIfe Strategies

Off Topic discussion forum

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

admin
Site Admin

Buy High Sell Low and Other LIfe Strategies

Post by admin »

To go along with my long-term investment strategy of buy high sell low, I offer this Fix It Strategy Flow Chart.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Interesting that Freddie copyrighted this in 1997, because I've had a copy in my toolbox since 1971!

Supposedly done by a Lockheed engineer in the late '60s.
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Another life strategy Paul, take the time to add to your toolbox when ever you are able.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Is that why I have so many spoons and so few forks?
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
rob
Veteran RRF member

Post by rob »

I have one of these in my toolbox as well, but also with the infamous "F" word in it. "Ooops, You dumb F---!"

Anyway, it is quite funny, and can be usefull, besides.
wayang

Post by wayang »

Buy high, sell high...do everything high...

...except grocery shopping...you'll find yourself over-leveraged in Oreos...
I didn't get where I am today by being on time...
oreca
Intermediate Member

Post by oreca »

I think Dane's on to something...
Or maybe just on something... ;)
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Something!!???!??? Something??!!???

Dane's on everything!
― Kurt Vonnegut
wayang

Post by wayang »

What outrageous insinuendo! I'm straight as a rusty gate! (...at the moment...guess now would be a safe time for some grocery shopping...)
shinynewtoy
Intermediate Member

Post by shinynewtoy »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

(I laugh because I relate....)
What do you mean the Bass is too loud???
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Post by doctorwho »

"insinuendo" - what a wonderful malapropism! I love it! Image
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Ry Cooder's album of '03 was "Mambo Sinuendo". Dane takes it to another level...
― Kurt Vonnegut
wayang

Post by wayang »

Well, thanks brothers...but I can't claim credit on this one...'insinuendo' comes from some film. My recollection (foggy though it may be on occasion) is that it was uttered by Peter O'Toole's character in 'The Ruling Class', an outstanding examination of social stratification in the U.K. The line in question occurs, if I'm correct, in the first half of the film, during which O'Toole, playing an obscenely wealthy and mentally deranged country manor dweller, believes himself to be Jesus Christ. Upon using the malaprop and being called on it by one of his relatives, he explains the meaning as '...an insinuation leading to an innuendo...'

Needless to say, I heartily recommend this heart-warming foray into the minds of the Aristocracy...

Return to “The Others: by CJ Johansson”