Jangle Box

Those who flock to The Byrds
Don Miller
Veteran RRF member

Post by Don Miller »

I had the opportunity to play a gig with mine last week..I was the playing tele style Nashville West, but with the Red Rhodes pickup wiring, a Fender 4 way switch and a hollow back its alot more tones than your standard slab-o-ash tele...sometimes a real nice psuedo-acoustic strum... and the JB was great...Ive found that when I use it with either my tubescreamer overdrive or my 60s buzzsaw dentist drill fuzz box with the JB, I can pick up KBAR radio...but I suspect thats due to something other than the JB...

We were playing in a high ceiling-ed cinderblock bar room...very poor acoustics..things tend to bounce around and get muddy real quick...I was real happy with the sparkle and jangle it added..my partner said when I hybrid picked, it sounded like I was playing a 12 string (!!!)and those slippery stringbender licks just sang...
jamesvwaal

Post by jamesvwaal »

Don, hello from a fellow Alaskan (Fairbanks) although I am now living overseas (Malaysia).

I am going back to Alaska this summer for six weeks -my daughter is getting married in Fbx- but I may be down in the Anchorage area part of that time. What is the name of your band, and where do you normally play? I would love to hear a fellow Ric player this summer!
Don Miller
Veteran RRF member

Post by Don Miller »

So far this summer I will get doing a few gigs at the Saturday-Sunday Market...June 17th (solstice) but the other dates arent firm..I'll be half a duo for those..."The Goodal Boys"...or "Bass Gibson" or something...we also may have some gigs at some places in Eagle River and out in the Matanuska Valley...I doubt I'll be playing my Ricky on these gigs, more likely my flat top and my B Bender tele..or my 6120...and my Janglebox...

Fairbanks to Malaysia and back?..thats travelling...my wife has the personalize licence plate "FBXGRL"...shes was born and raised there....

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”