Crosby's 370/12 Roger McGuinn

Those who flock to The Byrds
admin
Site Admin

Crosby's 370/12 Roger McGuinn

Post by admin »

I understand that Crosby has a 370/12RM but does not play it as often as he would like to as he finds the neck too narrow to accomodate his fingers. Apparently he considers that the combination of the neck and his large fingers prohibits him from playing the instrument the way it should be heard. Has anyone seen a photo of him with the RM? Maybe he would go for a Tom Petty.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
terry
Veteran RRF member

Post by terry »

Peter: From what I gather, you might be more apt to find a photo of Stephen Stills playing that 370/12RM. I've heard it gets played onstage sometimes when CS&N do old Byrds songs. I'll leave it to the CS&N experts on this forum to direct you to photos, though, as I can't recall any offhand.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks Terry. The letters have been written so let's see what comes out of it.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

Hey, Arnquist! So you got any pics you can scan of Stills with Croz' RM 370-12, you CSNY freak, you!?
Paul_Honeycutt

Post by Paul_Honeycutt »

Crosby has an Alembic 12 string built by Rick Turner in the '70's that's still his main electric 12 string. I've heard that Stills has used the 370-12 RM on Turn! Turn! Turn! on the tour before the reunion with Young.
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

I think I do have a shot of SS with the RM ....I'll look into it ,and for this forums info ...the Croz 12 string is formerly a Gibson Crest model that Rick Turner put a new neck onto and redid the electronics .
It has been known as the "Glass Avalanche" for years in that circle.
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

I don't have a photo ...I have Stephen on video playing this guitar ....so how do you 'capture' a clip from video ?
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!

Return to “Byrds' Forum: by James Krause”