Capturing The Sound At The Iron Door

Discuss the early days of the Club with the manager.
admin
Site Admin

Capturing The Sound At The Iron Door

Post by admin »

I am wondering what PA system might have been used at The Iron Door. Was it owned by the business or rented through a local shop? There are many photos showing the Reslo Ribbon Microphones at the Cavern and I am wondering if the equipment was similar at the Iron Door. Clem?
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Post by 13_temple_street »

The Iron Door had it's own system,until Rory Storm started to **** his leg over the microphone
during his act,quite a few times his leg would crash into the head of the microphone and ruin the sound.Replacing the microphone heads became inconvenient and expensive,we decided to hire.
We hired the sound system from Brian Kelly,I understand the Cavern also hired from him,I presume it was a similar system.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Geoff: Thanks for this information. Is Brian Kelly still about? It would be of interest to hear his comments. Did he have a company name? Certainly the ribbon microphones were notorious for being fragile as you mentioned.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Post by 13_temple_street »

Alpha Sounds was the name of Brian Kelly's PA system company.Brian was also one of the first promoters of rock music in Liverpool.
The name he used for these events was Beekay promotions.Brian is not around any more.

Return to “Iron Door Club Forum: by Geoff Hogarth”