Rickenbacker "C" Series Annonunced Online Today

Modern years of Rickenbacker Guitars from 1984 to the present

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Anonymous: I think it is reasonably safe to say that exceedingly few details, if any, will be overlooked in this series.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
jwilli
RRF Consultant

Post by jwilli »

The Kauffman off of my '58 365 reads
"VIB-ROLA" and then PAT.NO.#######
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

Before Doc passed away ,he still had boxes of those tailpieces in his garage.I would have to assume that either Dale Fortune,Jim Kelly or John Hall has them or easy access to them.

As I posted earlier this past year ,I did not think that JH/Rickenbacker was just going to sit by and watch the river flow .

It is fairly obvious that JH wants to regain the past and move forward too.

I'm looking forward to ALL the instruments that Rick comes out with .I still have a soft spot in my heart for them .This was where I started after all.
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

No worries guys, it's done.
tblair
Veteran RRF member

Post by tblair »

I tried to get some Kauffmans out of Rickenbacker a few years ago and was told they didn't have them & didn't know how to get them.
markthemd
Veteran RRF member

Post by markthemd »

Now I doubt that many of you guys have ever delt with the Kaufman tailpiece ...but from a personal standpoint ,yes it may be historically correct as far as original equipment went,but and this is a rather large BUT....these taipieces were a major pain to keep in tune .

Why do you think JL had his removed?

Why did no other major manufacturer use these ?
So you too want yours "ALAPWOB"?!?!
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

But Mark, the vintage guys gotta have All the vintage details, Even if it compromises the
functional integrity of the guitar.
Mikey

Post by Mikey »

Will removing the Kaufman piece leave unsightly marks on the guitar??? Hmmmmmm. Htins could be a problem. I never saw one up close so I conjured up this worrisome fact while anticipating screwing on my Bigsby on the counter in Chuck Levins shop.

Thoughts????

Mike
anon

Post by anon »

No, removing the VIB-ROLA will NOT leave unsightly screwholes in the top. When I get mine, I will most likely replace the VIB-ROLA with a RIC trapeze. I'm not really a Lennon freak.
Nick_Thiel

Post by Nick_Thiel »

Lennon never had the holes from the Kauffman filled, they are still visible on the guitar today. As for the functionality of a Kauffman, as I've said before if they were all garbage they would have all been removed from every vintage Ric that was issued with them. This choice to issue a C58 with a Kauffman is the best way, it is true to the original issue. If you don't like it, you can always put a Ric vibrato or trapeze on it and it's still a Ric with Ric parts, the Bigsby is clearly a Lennon thing only.
rick12dr
Veteran RRF member

Post by rick12dr »

The Kaufman vibrola And the top section of the trapeze tailpiece fit interchageably on the tailpiece/endhook; No problem at all.Maybe Rick should include a trapeze with every one of these so the customer can easily "change out" from one piece to the other.

Return to “Rickenbacker Guitars: Modern Years - After 1983”