Without Delay

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Thanks, John. There have been a number of people who have told me the same thing this morning. The Line 6 is also very fragile, it would seem.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
kenposurf
RRF Consultant

Post by kenposurf »

I'm getting very tempted by the Fulltone unit...help!
Reverb set to stun !!
sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Post by sloop_john_b »

I've owned my share of old Roland Space Echo units and they sounded great but I just couldn't deal with the upkeep! They all had their share of problems and it never turned out to be worth it for me.

One day i'm going to give the Fulltone unit a shot - from what i've heard, it's got all the tone in a brand new unit, which is just so appealing.

Here's an interesting new delay pedal from Roland/Boss:
http://www.roland.com/products/en/RE-20/index.html
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

I've recently picked up my second Echolette unit--this one from the early Seventies adnd in mint, virtually-unused condition. Should be arriving next week.

Ain't nothing like tape. And, truly, no upkeep like tape upkeep either, but fresh loops every once in awhile, a thorough cleaning and head demagnetization once or twice a year, a drop of light oil on the bearings, and she's good to go...
“I say in speeches that a plausible mission of artists is to make people appreciate being alive at least a little bit. I am then asked if I know of any artists who pulled that off. I reply, 'The Beatles did.”
― Kurt Vonnegut
longhouse
Advanced Member

Post by longhouse »

We tend to administer a bit of echo to dry guitar tracks in the studio, but for my live rig I only use a Danelectro 'Danecho'. All I need is a bit of slapback.
Shaking the floor of Heaven

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”