Online Songwriting Anyone?

Putting music theory into practice
lyle_from_minneapolis
Advanced Member

Online Songwriting Anyone?

Post by lyle_from_minneapolis »

I used to write a lot of songs. Then I entered a long fallow period. It may have had something to do with marriage, children and a real job.

But now the tap seems to be flowing again...I'm hearing those sounds that come out of nowhere and turn into phrases, bits of music, what I used to call The Angel's Radio. You grab these little sonic ghosts like low hanging fruit and turn them into songs.

Anyway, I've been having fun writing new music, but I've been agonizing over lyrics. They never worried me much in the old days, but I am much more indecisive about them now. I've written a few songs that I'm happy with, but others have everything going for them but lyrics.

So I had a thought: what if some of us songwriter types posted some original homegrown music, and the melody of which could be either hummed or played on a piano or guitar or whatever...and then left it to other forumites to post lyrics for it?

Would anyone be interested in participating in such an exercise? Or would it die a quiet death?
Here is where I hide my music:
http://www.soundclick.com/MarkKaufman
jdogric12
Rick-a-holic

Post by jdogric12 »

Sounds like a great idea, Mark. Why not post something, and we'll see?
jimk
RRF Consultant

Post by jimk »

I think I'd like to get in on something like this too. Maybe I could participate fully beginning in November when things calm down a little.

JimK
qwezirider
Intermediate Member

Post by qwezirider »

I've done this several times in an audio recording forum and it's always a ball to work with other people on line. Although I cannot help you with lyrics (mine stink to high heaven), the collaboration idea is something I'm always up for.
"Just be glad that it does not have a 60s horseshoe as well. I'm sure you can degauss one by farting near it!" - Eden.
sowhat
RRF Consultant

Post by sowhat »

My situation is quite the opposite: lyrics are not a big problem, but music... yep, that's a real trouble. Well, actually there is a problem with my lyrics - they're usually in Russian. Image
Nothing will get you dead quicker than being deadly serious about yourself.

Return to “Being For The Benefit Of Musicianship”