raider
Veteran RRF member

Post by raider »

Geoff,
The two songs are not part of the act.
I have a couple of others that I'm working
on one is a ballad and the other one is a
children's song. The music to the ballad is
all done but I have to change some of the words.
I just have to find some extra time to work on
them. You never told me if you played guitar?
Should you play I'll ask again what guitar and amp do you have. The two song that I did were
the first songs that I ever wrote and I can only
get better do you want a copy let me know.
Lou
No other guitar sound as good as a Rickenbacker thru a Vox AC-30TBX
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Post by 13_temple_street »

Thanks again Leo, for the information, I imagine writing song's is a good way for you to take time out to relax.
You may find it very strange I have for the past fifty odd years virtually surrounded myself in the company of muscians,and yet I have never had the inclination to play the guitar.
I am absolutely amazed at technical knowledge that is expounded in the different categories on the Rickresource Forum.
raider
Veteran RRF member

Re: Message for Lou De Felippo

Post by raider »

Geoff next saturday I'l be with the Tokens, Lou Christie, Bobby Vee
and the Crystals in Schenectady NY. Its our oldies show it will be my
first time with Lou and Bobby Vee. 8)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Geoff: I see from the news that we have lost another legend of the Merseybeat days, Ian Edwards of Ian and the Zodiacs. Apparently he died of a hart attack on Tuesday 23rd Oct 2007. Our condolences go out to his family and friends.
Life, as with music, often requires one to let go of the melody and listen to the rhythm

Please join the Official RickResource Forum Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/379271585440277
raider
Veteran RRF member

Post by raider »

Geoff so sorry to hear the sad news may Ian rest in peace. :cry:
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Lou,
It is with great sadness I have to report the death of Ian Edwards (Ian and the Zodiacs).
He will be greatly missed here on Merseyside and in Germany .
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Lou,
Please accept my apologies I have been away and missed your October 27th 2007 posting with information on your "Golden Oldies" show.
This is just the kind of show that interest's me.It would have thrilled me to have attended.

It must have been a great honour to have Bobby Vee on stage with you.
Are you in a position to give us some details of the show,I'm particularly interested in the numbers you played, also the attendance figures, the age of the audience .
raider
Veteran RRF member

Post by raider »

Geoff I had made a mistake it wasn't Bobby Vee is was Bobby Rydell who close the show
and we sold out. We had between 2500 to 3000 people last saturday night. On first were
the Teeanagers who's big hit (Why Do Fools Fall In Love) the came the Crystles (Da Doo Ron Ron
& He's A Rebel) next were the Tokens with my friend Jay from (Jay and the Americans) they
did ( Tonight I fell in Love- The Lion Sleeps Tonight -She Cried) Lou Christy was next with (Lighting Strikes
I'm gonna make you mine) and to finish the show Boby Rydell ( Wild One- Swinging Scholl) it startedat 7:30pm
and ended at 11:pm I got to meet most of musicans and they were very nice to me and we talked about guitar
and amps and other people they had played for. I'll be going with the Tokens again but I don't know when
that will be. They told me to get in touch will Dicky Lee in Nashville and send some of the songs that I done
to him and the Tokens said that I could use there name when I send the CD to Dicky Lee.
Lou D
13_temple_street
RRF Consultant

Thanks Lou,
I hope Dicky Lee is impressed with your song's.Do any of them have a Country and Western connotation. I have never heard of Dicky Lee, it appears from your article he is based in Nashville which is a great C&W area.

Two Thousand Five Hundred is a good crowd,the venue must have had a real buzz.It appears that the organisers did their home-work.The musicians covered a wide spectrum of musical tastes.
The back stage banter after the show,interests me,for me it's the most productive part of any show.
Good luck with your next show Lou.

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”