Carvin Bass Combos?

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

brianeharmonjr
Intermediate Member

Carvin Bass Combos?

Post by brianeharmonjr »

Anyone had any experience with their Rics through a Carvin bass combo? I'm looking for a new small combo for practice and small gigs. They new BR series looks like a killer deal. I'm looking at the BR15 (120w through 1x15"), and maybe the BR610 (300w through 2x10"). They both seem to have a lot of adjustment options and built-in compression with optional speaker outs for extension cabs. Anyone have any opinions or experience with these?
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Re: Carvin Bass Combos?

Post by cheyenne »

I like Carvin stuff (check out my Avatar),, I own a PB100 combo with a single 15. Nice amp,, not real loud, but good for around the house. I also have a Carvin RL1000 head for sale if anyones interested, I bought it NOS about 2 months ago just because I owned one before and it was a good deal. Never played out,,never been out of the house for that matter.

I have a Carvin ICON 4P (avatar photo), and a passive B4 bolt on. Very nice versatile basses.

Here's a pic of the RL1000:
Carvin II.jpg
"Knowledge is Power"
atomic_punk

Post by atomic_punk »

I used one of the ProBass combos a while back and liked it a lot. Used it on stage with an extension cab and it rocked the house.
brianeharmonjr
Intermediate Member

Post by brianeharmonjr »

Well, I received my Carvin BX120 last week, and I must say that I am very pleased. I haven't used it in a live situation or in recording yet, but just for practicing it is great. Incredibly clear sound with a lot of control over your tone. It's built like a tank and for less than $350 new, it's a great buy. It blows my Hartke combo out of the water. I'm sold.
cheyenne
Veteran RRF member

Post by cheyenne »

Like I said,, I've used Carvin basses/amps/parts/accessories for years. Its wonderful "middle of the the road" gear for the working musician.
"Knowledge is Power"
alanz
Intermediate Member

Post by alanz »

My little Carvin 50W practice amp is solid and sounds great. Carvin makes great stuff.

Return to “The Low End”