Remember Bloodrock?

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
charlyg

Remember Bloodrock?

Post by charlyg »

How about Bloodrock 2 with DOA?

phlemmy

Re: Remember Bloodrock?

Post by phlemmy »

dude. you are freaking me out. just this past weekend i was hanging out with a buddy who bought this on vintl and was going on and on about this song by bloodrock that we had to hear. he kept telling us about how much this song scared him as a kid. when we got back to his house, he put this on. great song.

freaky coincidence.
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

Back in the day, a buddy and I had a friend over. We took some purple microdot(those who know, know, nuff said). This was the first time for the friend. We had him lay on the floor with a nice big pillow, had him put on headphones, and played DOA for him. we spent the rest of that day and night talking him down.... We had no idea he would react that way, which shows how naive WE were!
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

I can't offer much on this topic. I have never heard of this band. :mrgreen:

Here's a Wikipedia link for those like me, who are curious enough to find out who they were.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bloodrock
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

Bloodrock_-_Bloodrock_U.S.A..jpg

One of may favorite album covers!! a bit of a different take than Wet Willie's!
beatlefreak

Post by beatlefreak »

By the time Bloodrock USA amd Whirlwind Toungues came out, the band had changed musical direction towards a more jazzy offshoot of Rock. The first three albums, Bloodrock, Bloodrock 2 and Bloodrock 3 (imaginative, huh?) are great pieces of Rock. Standout songs are Jessica, Lucky in the Morning, Cheater, You Gotta Roll, Breach of Lease and Kool Aid Kids. They put out a live double album (enititled...you guessed it! - Bloodrock Live) that is still one of my all time favorite live albums.

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”