Gary Moore

Rock, Blues, R&B, Jazz, Country, Progressive and Metal music from 70’s on.
charlyg

Gary Moore

Post by charlyg »

I got into this guy just last year,and this is my favorite tune. I guess it was in a movie, but I'm not much of a movie guy. What can you guys tell me about this fellow? I bought a few of his tunes, and then got his The Best of the Blues which has a lot of stuff on it.

ozover50
RRF Consultant

Re: Gary Moore

Post by ozover50 »

I'm sure Brian will have lots to say when he gets back from his business trip, Charly. He's a BIG fan..... as am I. :D
charlyg

Post by charlyg »

Red House!

winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

Charly,

This Irish bluesman is one of the very best there is. End of story. He has more feel in his little finger than most players have in all their fingers combined. Listen to "Still Got The Blues" when you get a chance on a good playback system. Very tasty and a great singer to boot. "Parisienne Walkways", "Walking by Myself", "Too Tired", "Empty Rooms", "Cold Day in Hell", "Can't Fool The Blues", "Why Does Love Have to Go Wrong" etc., are all classic tracks that are phenomenal and that is just the tip of the iceberg.

If you are a blues enthusiast this is a guy that you must take in. He's absolutely fabulous IMO.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

I loved him until his Still Got The Blues album came out. His hard rock/metal stuff was great.
winston
Membership Admin

Post by winston »

phlemmy wrote:His hard rock/metal stuff was great.
Agreed Sean,

His "Thin Lizzy" stints were great.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
tony_carey
Advanced Member

Post by tony_carey »

I saw Gary Moore live not long ago (weeks) & I must say that he is an absolutely stunning guitarist....BUT!! He tries so hard to be a blueser, but he just can't help himself...too overdriven, too fast & too many 'metal' riffs mean that he just doesn't quite convince me. He played a Les Paul, a Les Paul jnr & a Telecaster, but frankly, there was so much overdrive, that they all sounded pretty much the same. Don't get me wrong, I love the guy, but just can't bring myself to take him massively seriously as an out & out blueser. I am really not sure where he fits in in the big blues scheme of things.
phlemmy

Post by phlemmy »

one of my most fave guitar solos ever.

Return to “Groove Yard: by Admin”