The Memphis Sound

Reverberations from Duane Eddy and beyond
winston
Membership Admin

Re: The Memphis Sound

Post by winston »

I played guitar on that tune (Green Onions) more than a few times in the R&B band I was in when I first moved to Canada. I still love it to this day. Our keyboard player was incredible. Booker T and The MG's were unbelievably good. One of my all time favorite bands.

Thanks George, this thread took me down memory lane and back.
“We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.” - Albert Einstein

"You do not really understand something unless you can explain it to your grandmother" - Albert Einstein
tamborineman

Post by tamborineman »

There were a few magic years at Stax where the bariers of racial segregation were cast aside. They made great music for the sake of the music! More meat on the bones than my home Motown...
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

tamborineman wrote:There were a few magic years at Stax where the bariers of racial segregation were cast aside. They made great music for the sake of the music! More meat on the bones than my home Motown...
The volume of great music that they made, both as a cover band and doing originals lends Booker T & the MG's a rep that to me is greater than that of the Ventures. For those that have never had the opportunity, pick up a copy of their album McLemore Ave. It is their interpretation of classic Beatles material.

Return to “Instrumental As Anything: by Admin”