Does Ric like Zinky?

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

dr_iggi

Does Ric like Zinky?

Post by dr_iggi »

Just curious if there are members playing Rics through Zinky amps (Blue Velvet or Velveteen)? Cheers!
doctorwho
Veteran RRF member

Re: Does Ric like Zinky?

Post by doctorwho »

Welcome, Ignacio!

IIRC, there was a recent thread in which someone mentioned buying a Zinky ... let's use the Search function and see ... looks like at least two people have them:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=381719&p=437091&hilit=zinky#p437091

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=381964&p=441191&hilit=zinky#p441191

If they don't respond, you might politely PM them and request that they post some comments in this thread.
It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing. - Seneca
dr_iggi

Re: Does Ric like Zinky?

Post by dr_iggi »

Thanks Gary. I used the search function and got no hits, but now I am thinking that I did not do a global search on all forums.

I have both a Zinky Blue Velvet 25 watts and a Zinky Velveteen 13 watts, and a couple of Carvin guitars that truly shine through it.

I found a new Ric 330/6 JG at one of the local stores last week, played it acoustically and fell in love with it. My wife and I just bought a house, so I am a little broke after some renovations... but I was able to set it aside on lay-away.

I will own the 330/6 JG before the year is over, but will not be able to play it through the Zinkys until then... so I was curious about Ric/Zinky owners' thoughts.

Anyways, I have been a part of the Carvin family for some time now and love how friendly and useful their forums are. Ric's forums appear to share the same characteristics... a bunch of proud owners with their unique instruments. Not to mention, in Ric's case, an integral part of rock 'n roll history.

Cheers!

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”