Vintage Searchers Footage

Answers to your questions about The Searchers
miamiric

Vintage Searchers Footage

Post by miamiric »

The Film " Saturday Night Out " from 1963 featuring The Searchers is released for the first time in any format on DVD on 23rd March. Check Out Amazon.Co.Uk & Search For " Saturday Night Out DVD "

The Searchers original line-up perform the title number and a cover of Tony Sheridan & The Beatles " THE SAINTS " (When The Saints Go Marching In ) the" B " Side To " My Bonnie " sadly both numbers interrupted by dialogue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvJowVFKdqA
"TOO OLD TO ROCK TOO YOUNG TO DIE"
royclough
RRF Consultant

Re: Vintage Searchers Footage

Post by royclough »

Searchers called it Saints and Searchers Jamie, not so much a cover as a very old song.

Allegedly The Beatles were first offered the role of the band playing in the pub.

It has long been my theory, which is one of the articles on Clough Links,that Saturday Night Out may well ahve benn going to be the third single .

Sweets For My Sweet and Sugar And Spice both featured Tony Jackson's lead vocals, the first two albums featured predominately Jackson's vocals.

This seemed a excellent opportunity to promote thrid single as it would be featured in the film.

Eventually Needles and Pins became the A Side and Saturday night out the B side of third single.

Tony Jackson never sang lead vocal pn a album or single again.

Return to “Searchers' Forum: by Roy Clough”