Orange AD30 TC

Let's talk guitar amplfiers

Moderator: jingle_jangle

fireglo67

Re: Orange AD30 TC

Post by fireglo67 »

Had another rehearsal tonight and it's looking good for Saturday. The finger hurst most playing my 360/12, which I do for about half of the set, but it should be fine. I don't drink but I may have one after the gig on Saturday for 'pain relief'. :lol:
Thanks for all the kind words of support, and Scotty. :)

Now, back to topic.

Had a good play with the Yamaha DG100 212 amp tonight and it's sensational.
Some of the clean tones are superb with my 6 and 12 string Rics, even without the Janglebox there's enough jangle to go round.
Add a bit of gain with my 620/6 and it positively growls. I can see this is going to be a lot of fun.

We also experimented with a Marshall AVT100 as well tonight.
Our lead guitarist (who plays a 360/6) is so impressed he's going to use it as his default amp from now on. The tones from this seem to sit perfectly with both my Vox AC30 and the Yamaha, so we've got plenty to play with there.
There could even come a time when the whole band are playing through (gulp) non-tube amps! :shock:
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

We played 2 blinding gigs in 2 nights (Friday and Saturday) and the finger held it's own with the best of them! :lol:

Here's a pic from Saturdays sell out at the Grand, man it was packed and sweaty in there!
Attachments
5209_112003675266_651640266_2432599_6880252_n.jpg
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Good job! Glad everything worked out for the gigs, Rob. 8)
All I wanna do is rock!
fireglo67

Post by fireglo67 »

kiramdear wrote:Good job! Glad everything worked out for the gigs, Rob. 8)
Thanks Kira, I'll get a couple of vids up on YouTube soon. ****** sound but some nice guitars on show....... :)

Return to “Greg's Amplifier and Tube Tech Forum: by Greg Simon”