NAMM 2010

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Re: NAMM 2010

Post by paul_yan »

Scott and Gary, thank you very much for the pics!

Always love the big plexi TRC stands with colorful lighting!
jagdeluxe

Post by jagdeluxe »

Gary thanks for the pics,i,m fairly new here but i,m starting to know a few members like Joey and Paul.Thanks again
guitar-murph

Post by guitar-murph »

"they ultimately make their way to customers via Ric's dealers."

As to the guitars featured at the NAMM by Rickenbacker, it sure would be nice if that 381v69FG found its way to my dealer. I am 36 months in on the wait and I would have to think at this point my order would have bubbled up near the top. But....who knows. I do expect RIC to produce some 381's soon as they have made any in around a year.
lennon211
Intermediate Member

Post by lennon211 »

sloop_john_b wrote:
guitar-murph wrote:What kind of guitar is the one featured in photo set #6..........the double-bound maple guitar? Can only see it at an angle, but it looks like a real beauty.
That looks like a Vox Virage.
It's definitely based off of the Virage with the switching and pickups...different finishes though. It's also got pointed SG-style horns. I gotta say though that the Virage is a hell of a good guitar. Not nearly enough exposure for how good they sound and feel.

Check out the extended line: http://www.voxamps.com/guitars/
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

Is it just me or did I see a 325C58 ALG (alderglo)? Great pics, Gary. Gives us a good idea of what went on.

What was the scoop with Fender or Gretsch? Anything new from either of them? (I'm making a thread in Forum 51: Quest for Tone so people who read it here can post there)

Did Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs play at NAMM like they did the past two years?
Last edited by JakeK on Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ricmic

Post by ricmic »

Thanks Gary, great pics. Mark
paologregorio

Post by paologregorio »

JakeK wrote:Is it just me or did I see a 325C58 ALG (alderglo)? Great pics, Gary. Gives us a good idea of what went on.
There were no 325 C58s this year, as the model's been discontinuted. There was a MG 350V63 on display, as well as a model in JG, MID, and FG. There was, of course, a 325 C64
JakeK wrote:What was the scoop with Fender or Gretsch? Anything new from either of them? (I'm making a thread in Forum 51: Quest for Tone so people who read it here can post there)
There were a number of new Fender and Gretsch products, and Fred Gretsch is always there. I was able to go up and shake his hand and say hello, as well as meet Billy Zoom and get a photo with him. I told him he was the reason I'd bought a Gretsch Silver Jet. His reply was, "that's cool...you didn't buy one of mine though :wink: . I only get royalies on the ones with my name on them". I told him I'd buy a BZ signature model next, and I will-I was able to try out a BZ sig model, and it was really cool-light, and resonant, though someone had knocked it severely out o tune so I had to fuss with it a bit to get it back. I was also able to get a signed poster and take a pic with Kim Falcon, the Gretsch poster girl. :D
JakeK wrote:Did Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs play at NAMM like they did the past two years?
If they did, I didn't know about it; there was so much noise going on at NAMM, that when we walking around and heard any drums, guitar playing, or anything else loud, we generally ran the other way. It would have been cool to see him though. Elliot Easton from the cars was at the Tone Pros booth and I missed him. We spotted Yngwie Malmsteen at the Fender Booth, Slash at the Marshall booth, and Scott from Anthax at I forget which booth. :D
8mileshigher

Post by 8mileshigher »

Great pictures there, Gary and Scott ! :D :D 8)
You guy's really captured the spirit and excitement of the event.
I'll post some pics too, after I have a chance to clean up the red-eye and re-size them, etc.

Walking around there at NAMM, the one place that was total chaos :? was the drums "neighborhood" or section ..... with several hundred hyped-up drummers trying out their stuff (at full volume - 'cause the drummers are all wearing headphones). And with every drummer and their brother playing something different, :shock: on all these display drum kits, at dozens and dozens of manufacturers booths, all right next to each other .... and with the sound bouncing off the walls and ceilings --- it was mayhem. :roll: !!! I'm guessing that the equivalent in history to the NAMM drum ensemble, was when they supposedly fired off something like 100,000 artillery cannons, all at once, to start the Battle of the Somme in 1916.....
Last edited by 8mileshigher on Mon Jan 18, 2010 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Gary and Scott, thanks for posting your pics. I haven't had the chance to resize mine yet. Maybe tomorrow.
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
stringsncords
Intermediate Member

Post by stringsncords »

Thus endeth NAMM 2010....

Nothing new.

On to 2011!
paul_yan
RRF Consultant

Post by paul_yan »

Joey, looking forward to seeing the pics you took. :D
manta
Intermediate Member

Post by manta »

Great quips and pics. Thank you guys.

Manta
eric_b
RIC

Post by eric_b »

JakeK wrote:
Did Mike Campbell and the Dirty Knobs play at NAMM like they did the past two years?

They played at the Imperial Ballroom in Downtown Fullerton, as they have for the past few years. It was a GREAT show. Heck even Kenny Loggins was there!
"It's not the obscene thick gloss, but how it's applied"
RIC_FACTORY
RIC

Post by RIC_FACTORY »

If I had known that, I would have gone... I love The Gambler!
jfine
Professional Player

Post by jfine »

Great pics! Those 381's are gorgeous. And the shot of the girl with the Rick mandolin is just priceless. Having those little (Vox?) amps around the booth was a great idea--the last NAMM show I attended was 2005, and Rickenbacker had some cool guitars in the booth with no way to demo them. And could someone tell us about the new neck shape mentioned in one of the posts? A wider-than-standard neck option would be really cool!

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”