Eisley

Artists Who Use Rickenbackers

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

chuck_king

Eisley

Post by chuck_king »

From a search it looks like these kids have been mentioned here and there in other threads but I think they deserve their own.

There are few things I love more than finding a great new band I didn't know about before, but it's been a while since that happened. Call me an old fart, but I had just about given up on new music coming up with anything that would resonate with me---for a long time it has seemed more style than substance, more production than performance. But then a friend gave me a CD of Eisley tunes, and I was flabbergasted. It's been I don't know how long since I've heard a band with this kind of focus on melody, harmony, and general songcrafting. (Yes, yes, I know there are lots of good new bands out there, but I don't have infinite time to scour the internet and wade through an ocean of garbage to find them, and they don't drift across my path by themselves very often.)

The amazing thing is, this is a very young band---it gives me hope for the future of music and the youth of today that a group of tweeners can come up with stuff as sophisticated as the songs on Eisley's last album (Combinations).

The Rickenbacker connection: guitarist/singer Sherri DuPree plays a Jetglo 360 in most of the clips of them I've seen.

They're all over YouTube---a search will bring up dozens of clips, albeit of varying quality. The "real" video for their song "Invasion" is not the greatest video, but the sound is good compared to most of the recorded-on-a-phone live clips.

Return to “Rickenbacker Artists”