ANATOMY OF A HIT--HAW HAW

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Re: ANATOMY OF A HIT--HAW HAW

Post by johnallg »

shamustwin wrote:One cannot imagine the music biz getting more cynical, but it just keeps topping itself, as it has done, well, probably from it's inception.
Best comment in this thread.
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

johnallg wrote:
cjj wrote:I have to say that, since I've moved, I'm quite happy to find several radio stations that DON'T play that stuff continuously...
XM
Internet streaming... 8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
johnallg
Rick-a-holic

Post by johnallg »

cjj wrote:
johnallg wrote:
cjj wrote:I have to say that, since I've moved, I'm quite happy to find several radio stations that DON'T play that stuff continuously...
XM
Internet streaming... 8)
Yeah, that too. :lol: How do you do that when you're on the road?
cjj
RRF Moderator

Post by cjj »

Well, yeah. That is a problem. Of course, the iPod docking cable helps... :mrgreen:
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
shamustwin

Post by shamustwin »

Keef, from his book, "Life"

"...both "Brown Sugar" and "Wild Horses" were done in two takes...The thing about eight-track recording was it was punch in and go. And it was the perfect format for The Stones. You walk into a studio and you know where the drums are going to be and what they sound like. Soon after that, there were sixteen and then there were twenty four tracks, and everyone was scrambling around these huge desks. It made it much more difficult to make records. The canvas became enormous, and it becomes much harder to focus. Eight-track is my preferable means of recording a four-, five-, six-piece band."

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”