The Sonics

Discussing 60s and 70s Garage Band Music
rictified

The Sonics

Post by rictified »

These guys rocked. I haven't heard anything by them yet that doesn't. They're from the same area as The Wailers, pacific Northwest. Turn it up!

billydlight

Re: The Sonics

Post by billydlight »

Have Love will Travel, Baby!
duke

Post by duke »

Their music sure has captured the attention of my 40-year-old son. He can't get enough of The Sonics. A local band (in their mid 30s) covers several of their tunes ... way cool to have music span generations!
rictified

Post by rictified »

billydlight wrote:Have Love will Travel, Baby!
Yeah they do a great version of that. I'll post it. yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rictified

Post by rictified »

duke wrote:Their music sure has captured the attention of my 40-year-old son. He can't get enough of The Sonics. A local band (in their mid 30s) covers several of their tunes ... way cool to have music span generations!
The original bands minus the drummer and I think bass player who cannot travel for health reasons are ripping it up all over the globe for the past few years, they're huge right now with garage music lovers. The original drummer was killer too.

yeah!!! Strychnine!!!!
duke

Post by duke »

rictified wrote: The original bands minus the drummer and I think bass player who cannot travel for health reasons are ripping it up all over the globe for the past few years, they're huge right now with garage music lovers. The original drummer was killer too.
It's great to hear that they're still performing and ripping it up! They were huge here in the Northwest in the '60s. We used to attempt some Sonics tunes back in the day, but never could come close to Gerry Roslie's screams ... he had it down! If you have the time and haven't heard them, be sure to check out "The Witch" and "Psycho"!
kaleb2470

Post by kaleb2470 »

One of my favourite bands. The Witch is unbelievable.
rictified

Post by rictified »

duke wrote:
rictified wrote: The original bands minus the drummer and I think bass player who cannot travel for health reasons are ripping it up all over the globe for the past few years, they're huge right now with garage music lovers. The original drummer was killer too.
It's great to hear that they're still performing and ripping it up! They were huge here in the Northwest in the '60s. We used to attempt some Sonics tunes back in the day, but never could come close to Gerry Roslie's screams ... he had it down! If you have the time and haven't heard them, be sure to check out "The Witch" and "Psycho"!
Gerry's singing compliments the band perfectly, if I could sing one tenth as good as him I'd be in heaven.
duke

Post by duke »

rictified wrote:Gerry's singing compliments the band perfectly, if I could sing one tenth as good as him I'd be in heaven.
I agree 100%. Gerry was terrific.
When I was a kid I never really considered what it took to be a good singer. It wasn't until later, when I attempted to sing, that I quickly discovered it takes a lot of practice and talent to sing in tune, to breathe properly, to hold the notes just the right amount of time, and to project the right feeling for a given song.

Return to “2 Car Garage: by Admin”