NGD--AVRI JAGUAR

Exceptional restoration is in the details

Moderator: jingle_jangle

sloop_john_b
Rick-a-holic

Re: NGD--AVRI JAGUAR

Post by sloop_john_b »

JakeK wrote: And nice score, PW! Jags are, I feel, the ULTIMATE surf guitar. That's the first thing I'd use one for. They are a product of the 60s and I love 'em! That Fiesta Red compliments it nicely. What other styles of music can you use it for?
I use mine for everything but surf. :lol:

They are great guitars and far more versatile then they are given credit for. I think the "short scale" scares people away, but it is really pretty close to Gibson. IMO, the Jazzmaster is more of a "surf-y" sounding guitar, but I'm sure Paul will disagree with me there!
collin

Post by collin »

Nice score, Paul. Fiesta Red rules...and so do Jags. 8)

sloop_john_b wrote: I use mine for everything but surf. :lol:

They are great guitars and far more versatile then they are given credit for. I think the "short scale" scares people away, but it is really pretty close to Gibson. IMO, the Jazzmaster is more of a "surf-y" sounding guitar, but I'm sure Paul will disagree with me there!

Nice, JB -- you got it! Congrats.

I agree with you there. Jags are great for surf too, but I prefer the long scale and twang of the larger P90 coils on the JM, for surf. Either one are awesome in general, though.
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

Carl Wilson's earlier stuff has always been my inspiration for the perfect surf sound. Jag, flatwounds, outboard Fender Reverb, Bandmaster or Dual Showman.

Listen to "Stoked", Carl's version of "Let's Go Trippin" or "Misirlou", or especially "Surf Jam". Kicks.
collin

Post by collin »

Ah, very true.

I was just listening to Surf Jam about an hour ago, oddly enough. "uh 1....uh2...uh..1-2-3..JAM" 8)

Was the opening riff to "Surfin USA" played on that Jag too?
deaconblues
RRF Consultant

Post by deaconblues »

Huh? What are you all talking about? All I see is that gorgeous Jazzbo...
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

Great Jaguar, Paul.

I guess the red might not be to everybody's liking - I think OW is the best colour for Jaguars and Jazzmasters, but then, I'm slightly mad :lol:

Dan, that was actually the first thing that caught my eyes - the headstock of the Jazzbo as the image loaded!
Had to concentrate to see the gorgeous Jaguar.
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

JakeK wrote:
sloop_john_b wrote:That is awesome Paul. Fiesta is my fave rave of the reds and you really don't see it on Jaguars that often. May I be so bold as to suggest - gold hardware? 8)

Not to steal your thunder, but I too had an offset Fender NGD just yesterday:
photo34597495.jpg
If it were Candy Apple or Fiesta Red, Olympic White or Sonic Blue, I'd would lust after it. Nice score, JB! I bet chicks will dig you with it!

And nice score, PW! Jags are, I feel, the ULTIMATE surf guitar. That's the first thing I'd use one for. They are a product of the 60s and I love 'em! That Fiesta Red compliments it nicely. What other styles of music can you use it for?
I use mine for rhythm on everything from punk to funk. I put some heavy TIs (.013 high e) on a month back and it sounds like crystal when the amp is set up clean and a chainsaw when I load up the overdrive. With those lumpy strings I haven't used it much for lead - just a few Morricone style riffs - it sounds way cool with a touch of reverb.
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
jingle_jangle
RRF Moderator

Post by jingle_jangle »

sloop_john_b wrote:That is awesome Paul. Fiesta is my fave rave of the reds and you really don't see it on Jaguars that often. May I be so bold as to suggest - gold hardware? 8)

photo34597495.jpg
I noticed the thread on your Shell Pink JM yesterday, JB. One of my fave custom colors, too, John. I'm working on a "secret" Shell Pink project these last few weeks. Great minds think alike, hey? :D
kiramdear
RRF Moderator

Post by kiramdear »

Mmmmmmmmm, Shell Pink. :)
All I wanna do is rock!
antipodean

Post by antipodean »

jingle_jangle wrote:

photo34597495.jpg
I noticed the thread on your Shell Pink JM yesterday, JB. One of my fave custom colors, too, John. I'm working on a "secret" Shell Pink project these last few weeks. Great minds think alike, hey? :D
Just leave that fiesta red Jag out in the California sun for a few weeks and it'll be close to shell pink! :mrgreen:
"I don't want to sound incredulous but I can't believe it" Rex Mossop
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

jingle_jangle wrote:I'm working on a "secret" Shell Pink project these last few weeks
Oi, will be interesting. Not going to be a Hello My Kitty, right? :D
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
rickenbrother
RRF Moderator

Post by rickenbrother »

Very nice! Congrats and enjoy it! :)
The JETGLO finish name should be officially changed to JETGLO ROCKS! :-)
ozover50
RRF Consultant

Post by ozover50 »

Super schweet gee-tar, PW...... love Fiesta Red!! :D

Congrats, mate.
"Never eat more than you can lift." - Mr. Moon

Return to “Reflections of a Curmudgeon: by Paul Wilczynski”