Westone Electra love?

Non-Rickenbacker Basses, Fretless Basses & Effects

Moderators: ajish4, cjj

RickyBubba
Intermediate Member

Westone Electra love?

Post by RickyBubba »

Wow...did the search and neither showed up on this channel.

I just picked up a 1984 Westone Eclectra on a trade, and it is really nice. Doing some minor clean up right now, but all very original, and in great shape. Only real problem is the nut came off the headstock, but easy to remedy.

The model is X560JB, the JB for Jet Black. Really nice finish. The two control cavity covers on the back are anodized aluminum, and I suspect I'm the first one to even open up the back. Clean as a whistle there.

Several switches, and hard to tell what each really do with such dead strings.....but as soon as I get new strings on.....maybe I'll figure it out!

Here is a picture from the catalog of that year.
Attachments
1984-8.jpg
cjj
RRF Moderator

Re: Westone Electra love?

Post by cjj »

Never heard of 'em, but it looks cool. Let us know how it sounds...
8)
I have NO idea what to do with those skinny stringed things... I'm just a bass player...
woodyng

Post by woodyng »

Trevor Rabin alternates between an old Strat and a Westone guitar on the Talk concert videos. Let us know what you think of the bass when you get a chance.
RickyBubba
Intermediate Member

Post by RickyBubba »

Fit and finish is outstanding. The 1984 price list had it right around $500 when new. Made by Matsumoku in Japan.

This one has little to no fret wear, and is cleaning up very nicely. Hope to have some strings on it this weekend. So far the electronics are nice and quiet.
RickyBubba
Intermediate Member

Post by RickyBubba »

The clean up continues, and I had to re-install the nut, and the fretboard was loose at the very top. Must have taken a good whack at some point, but no visible damage. Very easy fix.

Amazing how much better it looks and sounds with non-rusty strings on! Didn't play it much as I wanted the nut to set properly. PIctures soon....

Return to “The Low End”