T I strings

Non-Rickenbacker Guitars & Effects

Moderator: jingle_jangle

bowser2533

T I strings

Post by bowser2533 »

Had the same set of T I strings on my ric 360/12 for 7 months now and they sound like the day i put em on even after 2 to 3 shows aweek plus rehersals. Anyone had em on any longer? I cant say enough about these strings they are fantastic. Gary
jps
RRF Consultant

Re: T I strings

Post by jps »

You've barely begun using them! :wink: Get back to us in a couple years! 8)
JakeK
RRF Consultant

Post by JakeK »

I swear by TI flats, and try to change them about once a year, but I'm pretty sure they could last longer than that, but due to humidity in New Orleans, the higher strings get rusty after a while. IIRC, Todd Bradshaw has had the same set of TIs on his 370/12WB for a couple of years now.
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

JakeK wrote:...due to humidity in New Orleans, the higher strings get rusty after a while.
The B and E strings on most string sets are plain steel, so keep extras of those around. The wound strings should last far longer.
electrofaro

Post by electrofaro »

I used to have TI flats on my 6ers... currently I got TI rounds on them... they stay great as well, I remember the only reason I changed my .011 TI flats was because I managed to make the g-string longer by an inch somehow while playing! It didn't break, it just became longer, but damaged all the same.
'67 Fender Coronado II CAB * '17 1963 ES-335 PB * currently rickless
qwezirider
Intermediate Member

Post by qwezirider »

Had TI flats on my fretless for well over a year. Sold the bass before I needed to change strings.
T28

Post by T28 »

I have had TI flats on my Ibanez 2640 double neck for about 7 years now.
Still sound (to the best of my recollection and a few recordings I did) like when they were new.
whojamfan
RRF Consultant

Post by whojamfan »

I've had the same set of POTRs 12 string flat set on my 360 four like 4 years now and the still sound great. I will admit the guitar has spent a good part of it's life in the case, but still, pretty darn good if you ask me!

Return to “Forum 51 - The Quest For Tone: by Mike Snow”