What's the deal with Olivia's Vintage and Rick?

General Rickenbacker discussion

Moderators: rickenbrother, ajish4

Kingbreaker

What's the deal with Olivia's Vintage and Rick?

Post by Kingbreaker »

http://oliviasvintageguitars.com/ricken ... tars/2414/

It seems they have a lot of nice ricks for sale in "mint - you will be the first player" condition, but the prices are publicly listed. So are these basically new guitars w/o the warranty? Musician's Friends returns? Factory seconds, or just new actual Ricks straight from the factory?
Grey
Advanced Member

Re: What's the deal with Olivia's Vintage and Rick?

Post by Grey »

All of the above. They're technically second hand either way, and their listings don't imply any warranty being transferred to the buyer unlike some other sellers.
Wurlitzer

Post by Wurlitzer »

I don't understand how some of theses dealers get them ...there is a ruby 350 on eBay from one of these dealers...how in the world did they get that so quick ? They have had it for months already.
clearblue
Intermediate Member

Post by clearblue »

I'm fairly certain that 350 was from the NAMM show purchased from the dealer who received it.
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

Kingbreaker wrote:http://oliviasvintageguitars.com/ricken ... tars/2414/

It seems they have a lot of nice ricks for sale in "mint - you will be the first player" condition, but the prices are publicly listed. So are these basically new guitars w/o the warranty? Musician's Friends returns? Factory seconds, or just new actual Ricks straight from the factory?
I was wondering that too. I saw a 2011 40014C64 on there, and I thought they were discontinued earlier than that.
Doesn't bother me though! Keep the 4001's coming!
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

IvanMunoz wrote:I saw a 2011 40014C64 on there, and I thought they were discontinued earlier than that.
Even though a particular model may be discontinued I am pretty sure they keep being made until all orders have been filled, just like the way COYs were done.
Ivan3000
Advanced Member

Post by Ivan3000 »

jps wrote:
IvanMunoz wrote:I saw a 2011 40014C64 on there, and I thought they were discontinued earlier than that.
Even though a particular model may be discontinued I am pretty sure they keep being made until all orders have been filled, just like the way COYs were done.
Okay, that makes sense. Does anyone have a 360F on backorder from the 60's?
jps
RRF Consultant

Post by jps »

IvanMunoz wrote:
jps wrote:
Okay, that makes sense. Does anyone have a 360F on backorder from the 60's?
You'd be surprised at some of the instruments that have interesting histories.

Return to “Rickenbacker General: by Howard Bishop”